9 Posts

Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games» Forums » General

Subject: Any news about a new one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabrizio Scaglione
msg tools
6 months from Temple of Elemental Evil.
I found nothing online regarding a #5 adventure system.
Have you read any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why you think there would be news of another so quickly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Grand Rapids
MI
flag msg tools
Dungeons & Dragons Board Games Fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adventure System release dates:
Aug 31, 2010 Cattle Ravenloft
Feb 15, 2011 Wrath of Ashardalon
Oct 18, 2011 Legend of Drizzt
Apr 29, 2015 Temple of Elemental Evil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onlylurking wrote:
Right. So another *three*years* of waiting is really what we're looking at, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
EverywhereGames wrote:
onlylurking wrote:
Right. So another *three*years* of waiting is really what we're looking at, right?

Unless they are going to do it as another set of three, in which case it should be any time now

BTW I've been d/l and reading through some of the old D&D modules recently. I doubt they'll do it but it would be fun if they did Expedition To Barrier Peaks. Doubt they will though. Tomb of Horrors, focusing more on traps could be interesting, or maybe something based on the Isle of Dread adding in a water feature somehow could be fun too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fh13 wrote:
Unless they are going to do it as another set of three, in which case it should be any time now
Here's hoping, right? Since I'm not following D&D5, I have no idea what the next big "story" is. Isn't there a new set of prepainted figs though? So maybe a new D&DAGS around those figs? That would be nice!

fh13 wrote:
it would be fun if they did Expedition To Barrier Peaks. Doubt they will though. Tomb of Horrors, focusing more on traps could be interesting, or maybe something based on the Isle of Dread adding in a water feature somehow could be fun too.
Was Isle of Dread ever bumped up to AD&D or was it always the intro to the Expert version of D&D? Since those are long out of print, unless they bring them out in D&D5, I doubt we'll see them in D&DAGS. *HOWEVER*, I know that as they were playtesting D&D5, they *did* convert Keep on the Borderlands and there's nothing that would say "random dungeon adventure campaign" like the den of villainy and scum that was the monster caves, so *maybe* that would be something they could do?

Although, something with a half-water dungeon would be cool too. Go through the dungeon bits, find some water-breathing gear/spells, then go through some water tiles to get to the boss and defeat it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Scaglione
msg tools
1st series:
Aug 31, 2010 Cattle Ravenloft ---> Feb 15, 2011 Wrath of Ashardalon (6 months)
Feb 15, 2011 Wrath of Ashardalon ---> Oct 18, 2011 Legend of Drizzt (8 months)

2nd series:
Apr 29, 2015 Temple of Elemental Evil ---> ???

I thought that they would announce a new one when Wizkids announced the new miniatures series (rage of demons)... but for now I found nothing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Grand Rapids
MI
flag msg tools
Dungeons & Dragons Board Games Fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Hume just called. He says there is a problem with inductive inference. I don't think we can say it'll be six months or three years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose a lot of this will rely on how well Temple of Elemental Evil is selling...Anyone know if it is deemed to be financially successful or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.