Subject: Shared vision question, need answer quick please! :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Brodeur
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules say : "The ghost picks three vision cards from his hand. These cards form a shared vision and must all point to the same group. One of the three cards must point to the character in the target group, another to the location, and the final card to the object. "

In a scenario where the ghost can't find any card to hind the location but he has to cards that can point to the character, shouldn't he play these two? The mediums will certainly see what is his intention!

But is doing so breaking the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this breaks the game but if the rules tell you one thing and you don't follow them, it could be considered cheating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry about it. The game is meant to be a fun exercise in alternative communication, not an exam.

The 1 card/indicator is a guideline... you'll never get all three to perfectly match up, it's almost impossible. So you go with the best you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if a better variant would be to let the ghost revel the cards in a fixed order of suspect, location, weapon instead of shuffling them before the reveal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:
I wonder if a better variant would be to let the ghost revel the cards in a fixed order of suspect, location, weapon instead of shuffling them before the reveal.

Why would that be better? I think you would decrease the difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Volt26 wrote:
Rules say : "The ghost picks three vision cards from his hand. These cards form a shared vision and must all point to the same group. One of the three cards must point to the character in the target group, another to the location, and the final card to the object. "

In a scenario where the ghost can't find any card to hind the location but he has to cards that can point to the character, shouldn't he play these two? The mediums will certainly see what is his intention!

But is doing so breaking the game?

I try to make my cards match 1:1 but with secondary clues for other cards. Like if I'm trying to clue the Governess with the keys I might give two cards with keys in them one for the Governess and the other that points to the location but who's keys are secondary clues for the Governess. If you have no card for the location, the best you can do is pick one that will have those secondary clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Saca_Muela wrote:

Why would that be better? I think you would decrease the difficulty.

That's my point. He's saying that they couldn't find three good vision cards to match the three clues so the just used two. Maybe releasing the visions in sequence would be a better alternative for them. Making it slightly easier doesn't make it worse if it helps them enjoy the game more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponder Stibbons
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
I give myself very good advice, But I very seldom follow it. That explains the trouble that I'm always in.
mbmbmbmbmb
you could lay the three cards out in order. or you could just draw extra visions (who'd notice?). maybe players could watch the ghost's eyebrows over the divider to gauge how confident they are for each vision. but, then why not allow the ghost to hum and point and complain out loud about how hard it is to find key/tool/gun cards wink wink? playing it as a light party game might appeal sometimes to a certain crowd and i know there are players for whom the win makes the journey: whatever gets 'em to the table! personally, i'm in it for the experience with all the challenge of finite resources intact and i'd encourage anyone to try it the "hard" way a few times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont worry if one or two cards doesnt match.
The players got clues in previews rounds they
use to figure out the murderer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.