Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
M√ľnster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since everything on the same space is in sight of each other, I assume, that the caster of Chaos Shards damages also himself?

Chaos Shards: "Shards of pure chaos magic explode from your square and fly out in every direction! Each wizard or creature within direct < LOS > of your square suffers 3 magical damage. Each door, wall, and object adjacent to your square suffers 3 cracks."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McClure
United States
Fowler
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never made that distinction. I've always read it as the damage explodes outward from the caster's square, but the LOS distinction may give you the correct reading. There may be something on the FAQ or FFG boards on that. This could be a RAI vs RAW issue.

My general rule for handling unsettled issues in WW is to make things easier for an attacking wizard and difficult on a defending wizard. So I would rule that the caster's square was excluded from the damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am almost sure that the caster doesn't damage himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.