Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I need to go reread the rulebook to see if it clarifies, but is it possible to have multiple copies of the same settlement event scheduled in the same lantern year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike H
msg tools
I've not seen anything against that, I'd say yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CowardlyHero wrote:
I've not seen anything against that, I'd say yes.

Wonderful...two murders it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike H
msg tools
So it WAS the murder event you were talking about...that was our first event we pulled, then we pulled it again the next year. We only rolled midrange on the table both times but my friend is now banned from touching the Settlement cards in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Teves II
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
"Try to pretend like you understand what's important."
badge
"Crafted with genius, energized with madness."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work, so no book access, but it definitely says either that you can't have the same settlement event twice in the same year or twice in the same settlement phase. I forget which.

Bear in mind though:

1. In case it's the former, don't forget that if you draw an event in Step 4 and have it online your timeline in Step 6, those are technically different years.

2. The rule specifically mentions settlement events, but it doesn't say anything about story events on your timeline, but I don't think they should be able to duplicate either... ie four rolls on Bone Witch adding her four times, and then each of those adding multiple, and so on and on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
I hate Murder. I hate it. I hate it!

Which is why I bring you Page 80 as a gift

“The same settlement event card cannot be played more than once per Settlement Phase.”

In step 4 If you drew the event card that was on your timeline you would redraw it.

But it will probably be Plague. Or the Trap Card

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win Z
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 80 of the rulebook under Update Timeline/Settlement Events on the Timeline states:

"The same settlement event card cannot be played more than once per Settlement Phase."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
YayYoh wrote:
Page 80 of the rulebook under Update Timeline/Settlement Events on the Timeline states:

"The same settlement event card cannot be played more than once per Settlement Phase."

Thanks we found this as well last night before executing the murder event, so only one person had to die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Aranha
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank goodness I found this. I have Plague ravaging my settlement since LR 2 (going into LR 4 now). It's already killed 2 and I pulled Plague AGAIN as my settlement event. Originally thought that meant that my people got infected 2x during that year (during step 4 and 6), but figured that didn't make sense as you could only add Plague to the same LR on the timeline once. Glad I guessed right, as it would have been 3 survivors dead in 2 settlement phases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.