Race for the Galaxy: Xeno Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Pan-Galactic Disease Center rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poczet Herbut
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Shouldn't this card read:"may discard a green good for +3 defense vs a Xeno invasion this round"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Punnuf wrote:
Shouldn't this card read:"may discard a green good for +3 defense vs a Xeno invasion this round"?

Good catch! It says "Military" where it should say "defense".

Well, since the cards are all being reprinted, I'll see if I can get this fixed. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poczet Herbut
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Glad to help. :]

Just bought this along with Gathering Storm to finally expand our Race experience. Can't wait to start playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Enjoy! (Um... you are aware that these two expansion arcs -- GS is arc #1 and XI is arc #3 -- are incompatible, correct?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poczet Herbut
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Yeah, of course. :]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:

Well, since the cards are all being reprinted, I'll see if I can get this fixed.

You meant "all main deck cards are being reprinted"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
rafal100 wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:

Well, since the cards are all being reprinted, I'll see if I can get this fixed.

What do you mean? (Bear in mind, I have not seen a copy of XI.) My understanding is that there was a single 110 card deck. Is that not what was in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mumu shanshi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:

What do you mean? (Bear in mind, I have not seen a copy of XI.) My understanding is that there was a single 110 card deck. Is that not what was in the box?

Presumably, it is not necessary to reprint the Xeno invasion cards; the fifth player action cards; and possibly the Produce: Repair cards.

Given logistic and packaging concerns, however, I rather suspect that the only sensible solution is to reprint everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:

IIRC ther was 2 packs with 55 cards. I don't remember what was the additional 4 cards with main deck (Maybe Produce-Repair for base game colors?), so it COULD be 51 and 59 cards (or some other combination)but probably not... I also unboxed Ambition that day and it is somewhat fuzzy, but I distinctly remember that card back difference was noticable even in poor lighting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Kruczek
Poland
Legnica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mumushanshi wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:
rafal100 wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:

Presumably, it is not necessary to reprint the Xeno invasion cards; the fifth player action cards; and possibly the Produce: Repair cards.

Given logistic and packaging concerns, however, I rather suspect that the only sensible solution is to reprint everything.

Polish edition of Innovation had badly printed "castle" symbols. Luckily this icon occurs only in ages 1-3 so reprint was done for only the half of cards (one of 2 packs with 55 cards)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:

Unfortunately, the amendment was not included in the reprint. Pay attention to this when playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.