Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the Kickstarter page for Super Dungeon Explore: Legends, and I didn't see any mention of miniatures in the base box for Legends. Are the only miniatures in the game going to be the ones unlocked in the Kickstarter campaign?

It seems kind of odd that a miniatures game appears to be reducing the focus on miniatures, and focusing on PDFs as a "digital" edition?!?! So I'm hoping I just suck at reading, and missed something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope. No minis in the legends box - It's all cards and map tiles and rulebooks- like a D&D starter. I'm kinda on the fence with paying $45 or whatever for the 'digital' legends access - even if it's rolled into the $150 pledge - I already have 1st ed and Forgotten King, it's gonna be a case of if the KS comes with what would be $150 worth of minis based on what the final purchase price of the assorted warbands and spawning points would be - and maybe a $40 value on the Legends box itself... I don't put any value on the 'digital' stuff... and maybe a little underwhelmed with the 'alternate gender heroes' that are many of the current stretch goals - since SPM doesn't go in for the 'KS exclusive' approach that so many others do, the only thing I would miss not backing now and buying later would be the pins - and you can guess how concerned I am about that... it's gonna come down to what sort of value in minis am I getting for the $150... just paid of Zombicide Black Plague and Myth Journeyman, and Folklore is ending soon... this might be one I pass on and go for the retail end later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pins are also adventures that unlock too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kilteddispatcher wrote:
Nope. No minis in the legends box - It's all cards and map tiles and rulebooks- like a D&D starter.

So what exactly justifies the $80 MSRP they mention the Legends box will carry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji T
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it won't be BW for the legends rulebooks. Given their FK rulebooks, it should be full colour, staple binding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichardU wrote:
Kilteddispatcher wrote:
Nope. No minis in the legends box - It's all cards and map tiles and rulebooks- like a D&D starter.

I bet the alt. Gender heroes, pets, npc's and probably a few other things that are being given out as stretch goals in the Kickstarter will end up in the legends box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
jwreschnig wrote:
You can't staple-bind a 96 page book, and we know the Explorer's Guide is "at least" that long.

Ahem, tell that to my 112 page staple-bound "Cults of Prax" RPG Supplement. It has a card cover (making 116 pages in total) and has three staples binding it together, approx. 7mm thick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
The pins are also adventures that unlock too.

Any idea if those unlockable adventures would be included inside Legends? or is it only digital download and have to print it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
RichardU wrote:
Kilteddispatcher wrote:

I bet the alt. Gender heroes, pets, npc's and probably a few other things that are being given out as stretch goals in the Kickstarter will end up in the legends box.

This, Rick. Presenting stretch goals as additions to your pledge when, really, some or many of the unlocks were always going to be in the core box(es) anyway, is not a practise I support. I prefer honesty and transparency.

I am sitting on $1 and watching how this plays out, so far I'm not convinced I want to get back into SDE (have sold everything SDE-related).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tankbot
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I doubt that the stretch goals will be a part of the core sets since they didn't do this practice with Forgotten King. All of the stretch goals were packaged off into the Boo Booty Box.

I think you're on the right track though. I'm assuming they are setting an $80 MSRP to offset the cost of the stretch goals they are giving away. I mean, the Legends Box contains mostly cardboard and printed material (with the exception of the dice). It's also an expansion that requires a base game. I doubt this would be a big seller when it hits retail unless it is heavily discounted. I could be wrong. Maybe there's a nice-ass insert in that box that justifies the $80 price point. Who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
RichardU wrote:
Kilteddispatcher wrote:

This, Rick. Presenting stretch goals as additions to your pledge when, really, some or many of the unlocks were always going to be in the core box(es) anyway, is not a practise I support. I prefer honesty and transparency.

I am sitting on $1 and watching how this plays out, so far I'm not convinced I want to get back into SDE (have sold everything SDE-related).

I agree with you and really don't like the way they do this either.
But they probably have to have the Kickstarter funds in order to put that stuff into the box.
Their whole "no exclusives" thing has pushed them into a corner and this is how they have chosen to weasel their way out.

I like painting chibi models... I was sitting on a dollar too, until it occurred to me that the stretch goals are set up to dump models into the legends box.
I was thinking about waiting until retail so that I didn't have to buy legends, but I'm so sure that box will be full of models that I went ahead and pledged.

I'm sure soda pop knows that legends will not sell for $80 if it doesn't have any models in the box.

I do believe that the Kickstarter will be a good deal for someone who is going to buy the stuff anyway.

bamjd_tankbot wrote:
I doubt that the stretch goals will be a part of the core sets since they didn't do this practice with Forgotten King.

Yes they did.
bamjd_tankbot wrote:
All of the stretch goals were packaged off into the Boo Booty Box.

no they were not.
(Models for the Pets,Royal warden,item card art, more explore cards, and dark heroes were all added to base game from stretch goals)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tankbot
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I stand corrected. You're right. The checklist does show things like the Royal Warden being a part of the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
RichardU wrote:
Kilteddispatcher wrote:

I'm expecting the Pets to get added to the Second Ed box with at least one version of Creep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed by SPM in the KS comments — the pets and creeps will be cardboard counters in the 2.0 box in order to keep the retail price down as an entry product.

Just revealed tonight, the Hero Handbook in Legends will be at least 64 pages. and that's the smallest of the 3 books. They will all be softbound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this morning's tidbit: the World Book will be 96+ pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these long books supposed to be a positive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For folks who would like role-playing material, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDE is now an RPG? SDE, the Swiss knife! Can it also be a Euro?

But more seriously, when I read "96 pages by Soda Pop" my initial reaction (right or not) is "that's a crap-ton of material to errata".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well then, now you are better informed about whether or not this is a product you would like to back. ^,^

Also note that it is the 3rd book, Consul's Grimoire, that will be the one brimming with crunchy rules. The other 2 are more on the RPG fluff background end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
SDE is now an RPG?

Well they are marketing SDE: Legends as a roleplaying expansion so yes ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwreschnig wrote:
Geoff wrote:
SDE is now an RPG?

Aside from roleplaying being mentioned in both the second and third paragraphs of the Kickstarter text, this approach to Legends was also announced back in August.

I suspect you're not really paying attention to anything being said here or on the KS, and just want to beat your "SPM rules suck" drum.

You forgot the bit that I wrote, y'know, immediately following the RPG quip:
Geoff wrote:
But more seriously

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI I added SDE:L to the game db. Took awhile to approve because it was initially rejected due to spartan details. Mods then approved after seeing that the KS was in fact pretty light on Legends stuff. Please add anything I may have missed.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/186831/super-du...

Joe you're welcome .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Geoff wrote:
But more seriously

Actually the bit you wrote immediately following was:

Geoff wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Geoff wrote:
Geoff wrote:
But more seriously

Actually the bit it was immediately following was:
Geoff wrote:

Actually the bit it was immediately following was:
Geoff wrote:

No wait, more precisely:
Geoff wrote:

No no, let's not kid ourselves, this is the most precise!:
Geoff wrote:

...I should get back to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samurai Munky

Westford
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
bigblock75 wrote:
RichardU wrote:
Kilteddispatcher wrote:

While I agree that they have a history of doing that; I feel like most of the unlocked minis for this campaign have been extras that I don't see being part of the main game.

I will admit that their digital content unlock seems iffy; they should have 30 missions for the final product and unlocking those shouldn't be KS 'exclusive' or only available if KS hits target money goal. for an end product, for early access i think that's fair though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.