Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Outbreaks Post April - APRIL SPOILERS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If a faded city outbreaks into a non-CODA city with 3 disease cubes - am I correct that the city turns faded (apply sticker), and then it will have 1 faded figure on it but it will retain the 3 original disease cubes ?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If a faded city outbreaks into a non-CODA city with 3 disease cubes - am I correct that the city turns faded (apply sticker), and then it will have 1 faded figure on it but it will retain the 3 original disease cubes ?


I'm not 100% certain but that sounds right. Just like if blue disease outbreaks and spreads to a city with 3 yellow cubes. That city will have 1 blue cube and 3 yellow cubes
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono D
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
jgunnz wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If a faded city outbreaks into a non-CODA city with 3 disease cubes - am I correct that the city turns faded (apply sticker), and then it will have 1 faded figure on it but it will retain the 3 original disease cubes ?


I'm not 100% certain but that sounds right. Just like if blue disease outbreaks and spreads to a city with 3 yellow cubes. That city will have 1 blue cube and 3 yellow cubes


I'm not sure about that. If a faded city outbreaks into a non-faded city the new city becomes faded. I would of thought the existing cubes on that city would of been converted to faded figures? The manual only states that C0dA cubes in the newly faded city become faded figures.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct - so the question is what happens to non-coda cubes?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Selvey
United States
Farmingville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The non-COda cubes should remain and just place faded figure. It doesn't make sense to replace the other cubes with faded because COda simply moved into the area, the other disease cubes didn't mutate into COda.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Per the rules sticker U that you place on page 13:

"Convert Adjacent Cities

If a Faded city outbreaks into any city -- even one that's a different color than the C0dA virus -- mark that city as a Faded city. This city will now produce Faded figure instead of cubes of its original disease."

So if a Faded outbreaks into a Red city that city will no longer produce Red cubes, it will make Faded instead. (Which explains why there are so many Faded city stickers and zombies.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gamer D however, that wasn't quite the question.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the Vanilla Paste?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
My interpretation is this, because of the word "produce" in the rules:

1. Existing cubes in a city wouldn't change into Faded nor facilitate a further outbreak of Faded. Instead you would have the one zombie from the outbreak plus the three original cube colors, and apply a Faded sticker to the city.

2. However, any NEW cubes ("produced", per the rules) placed on that city from that point on would be Faded. So if you drew that city again you would have three of the original cube colors plus two zombies (the one zombie initially there plus your new addition).






dugman wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Per the rules sticker U that you place on page 13:

"Convert Adjacent Cities

If a Faded city outbreaks into any city -- even one that's a different color than the C0dA virus -- mark that city as a Faded city. This city will now produce Faded figure instead of cubes of its original disease."

So if a Faded outbreaks into a Red city that city will no longer produce Red cubes, it will make Faded instead. (Which explains why there are so many Faded city stickers and zombies.)

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freierfall Sonnenflieger
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skwib wrote:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
My interpretation is this, because of the word "produce" in the rules:

1. Existing cubes in a city wouldn't change into Faded nor facilitate a further outbreak of Faded. Instead you would have the one zombie from the outbreak plus the three original cube colors, and apply a Faded sticker to the city.

2. However, any NEW cubes ("produced", per the rules) placed on that city from that point on would be Faded. So if you drew that city again you would have three of the original cube colors plus two zombies (the one zombie initially there plus your new addition).





additional question:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
so, if a City of a different color adjacent to a faded city has an outbreak, I still place a faded figure on the faded city, not one of the currently-breaking-out-color? My (possibly) 3 cubes of the original cities color (pre-faded) forever stay that way and are no longer a threat?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Linn
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
This should cover all of the scenarios:

1. Faded City Outbreaks into non-COdA city:

I. Place sticker on City
II. Place Faded figure on city
III. Existing cubes remain (if any)
IV. From now on (To quote Squintz "for-ev-er"), if you pull the newly stickered Faded city from the infection pile, you place a Faded figure, not a cube. (Cubes remain there and can still outbreak from an adjacent old-color city outbreaking)


2. Non-COdA city outbreaks into a Faded City:

I. Place cubes in Faded city


I feel like a good deal of confusion is from trying to anticipate rules or "read into" the existing rules. If it doesn't specifically say "This is different now", it's not different.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaƫl Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Freierfall wrote:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
so, if a City of a different color adjacent to a faded city has an outbreak, I still place a faded figure on the faded city, not one of the currently-breaking-out-color? My (possibly) 3 cubes of the original cities color (pre-faded) forever stay that way and are no longer a threat?


There are no longer a threat. They could be a problem for a character having the scar "regretful", which would have to discard if he leaves that city, for example.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C V
Canada
Ohio
flag msg tools
Page 12 sticker answers this.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Faded Cities

From now on, place Faded figures instead of COdA cubes - including game setup. Cities will change into Faded cities as Faded figures appear in them.

Before placing Faded figures into a city:

- Mark the city as a Faded city using the stickers that follow (if it doesn't already have a Faded city sticker)
- Replace all COdA cubes in the city (if any) with Faded figures


It doesn't mention non COdA cubes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.