Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Nightfighter» Forums » General

Subject: minimal experience with Hex n counter games. Complexity for noobish? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
minimal experience with Hex n counter games. Complexity for noobish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runescience wrote:
minimal experience with Hex n counter games. Complexity for noobish?

Low-Medium complexity.
Except from the hexes it has nothing in common with classic hex n counter games.
The scenarios are sorted by complexity, so they work kind like a tutorial. It starts very easy.

Let me remind you that it's more an "experience game" than a competitive game. You may have trouble finding someone interested 1. in the nightfighter theme, 2. in playing the umpire part. I played it exclusively with professor Sabin's solo rules. Playing the campaign solo is also fun. The solo rules add a bit of complexity, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's overly complex, but having plenty of experience with these games means I might not be the best judge. However, the scenarios are presented in increasing complexity so the ones you start with are pretty simple and build up from there.

There are plenty of accounts of gamers playing this one with less experienced family members, e.g. young children and non-gamer spouses. That should be an indicator that this isn't too challenging to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd add that playing the umpire role was no problem at all during play testing, people enjoyed it. It seems this popularity continued when the game was released, something that even with the play test feedback I think has been a pleasant surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.