Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I'm about to play this for the first time with some friends.

I'll be playing the Overseer, am a gamer, and have played other "tactical" games in the past (i.e. Arcadia Quest, Dungeon Command, Descent, and others). However, I realize that L7:OP is it's own beast and want to play as close to the rules as possible the first time through.

What are some easily overlooked rules for new players?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SOme of the things that needed to be restated or were played incorrectly a couple times on my first plays:

Only one diagonal is allowed during movement for the whole turn per figure. This is also true when tracing a path for distances of auras to friendly and enemy figures.

When the Overseer downs a commando, he receives the adrenaline of that commando and refreshes all dashboard abilities once.

Clones have a cap on how many can spawn from a single vent.

Clones of the same type receive a bonus when attacking the same target.

Make sure you know the bonuses that trigger from certain milestones achieved by the commandos, such as finding the office room and finding the A-Lift. These are triggered independently from the Crisis Point.

LOS rules. Easily the most controversial part of the game. Be familiar with how they work, and since you are keen on playing as close to the rules as possible, I advise using the official errata here: http://privateerpress.com/level-7/level-7-omega-protocol.

Enjoy the game, you're in for a treat! ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daishi_no_zaagu wrote:

Clones of the same type receive a bonus when attacking the same target

Playing for the first time tomorrow, is this listed somewhere on the unit dashboard? I'm guessing it's different for each type of clone? I've read through the rulebook and watched the video but I don't remember seeing these rules listed anywhere.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
daishi_no_zaagu wrote:

Clones of the same type receive a bonus when attacking the same target

Playing for the first time tomorrow, is this listed somewhere on the unit dashboard? I'm guessing it's different for each type of clone? I've read through the rulebook and watched the video but I don't remember seeing these rules listed anywhere.

Thanks!

1. Is on the dashboard.

2. is in page 21 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.