Popular Tags: [View All]
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Setup rules say that there has to be at least one coastal tile; The Market Events rules say that you choose a coastal tile for the market. Do I get this right that it can happen that the market happens all over on the only coastal tile in the game?
I do not plan to linger with the Beginners' Rules, but I'd just like to know…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe dagostino
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More coastal tiles will appear as you play more turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A market is only for a specific good (hides/corn/wood/etc.) on a specific tile (Monterey/Los Angeles/etc.).

So in the beginner rules, when you play a market, somebody collects $3 and that's it. In fuller versions of the rules, other players will be able to participate in the market via roads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joeydag2011 wrote:
More coastal tiles will appear as you play more turns.

That exactly is my problem. How exactly do new tiles come into play in the Beginners' Game? I must be missing something in the rules, but I cannot find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the beginner and easy rules, more tiles do not come out. Only in standard and advanced do you add more during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
A market is only for a specific good (hides/corn/wood/etc.) on a specific tile (Monterey/Los Angeles/etc.).

So in the beginner rules, when you play a market, somebody collects $3 and that's it. In fuller versions of the rules, other players will be able to participate in the market via roads.

Ok, thank you for the fast reply. I guess I should not put too much attention to the Beginners' Game, they seem to be more or less there to explain just what you have clarified above. Onward!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.