Popular Tags: [View All]
Diana Martin
Germany
Breisach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,
I own the german Version and play star realms a lot. Thought it won't be a big Problem in gettting the rules. But I have trouble unterstanding the rules for rounds. One rule says you can use an ability if any one player in this round got rid of a card. Is round and turn the same, perhaps a translation mistakes? Would be great if someone has an answer for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
tiggerlein wrote:
Hello everybody,
I own the german Version and play star realms a lot. Thought it won't be a big Problem in gettting the rules. But I have trouble unterstanding the rules for rounds. One rule says you can use an ability if any one player in this round got rid of a card. Is round and turn the same, perhaps a translation mistakes? Would be great if someone has an answer for me.

I don't think the English rules make use of the word "round", not for card abilities at least.

If you are asking about the rule for the discard icon then it is...
Quote:
A discard icon means that if any player has discarded a card from their hand this turn, you may activate this ability.

I suspect that with your translation, "round" and "turn" mean the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule means that you don't have to have discarded a card for it to count as a pre-req. You could have forced another player to discard a card, on your turn. What it doesn't mean is that if another player discards a card on their turn it counts as a pre-req when it comes to you playing your cards. In a 2 player game this may seem obvious but I could see some confusion, for some people, in a multi-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
tiggerlein wrote:
Hello everybody,

I don't think the English rules make use of the word "round", not for card abilities at least.

If you are asking about the rule for the discard icon then it is...
Quote:
A discard icon means that if any player has discarded a card from their hand this turn, you may activate this ability.

I suspect that with your translation, "round" and "turn" mean the same thing.

Chris is correct. Both Chris's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But what is, if you have a location that would trigger on an opponents turn? Would this be possible or not?

In the German rules, they say, a card can activated once when played in your turn. Can she be activated too in your opponents turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No, cards don't activate on opponents' turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.