Orléans: Invasion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Duel - few questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maciek Obszanski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In setup both players should choose 5 Place Tiles of type I and II each. But there are only 7 Place Tiles of type II. There is no information about using Place Tiles from expansion in additional components section.

2. Who wins if both player won't complete 4 objectives ?

3. Event 16 - could you ralize "Cloth your Lady" objective after this event ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You have to include the Place Tiles from the base game. Otherwise it doesn´t make sense.

2. I think you have to use the rules for a tie. First determine the value of the goods you have. If there is still no winner, money is the tie breaker.

3. According to the rules you can fulfill the tasks anytime during the game so yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek Obszanski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:
1. You have to include the Place Tiles from the base game. Otherwise it doesn´t make sense.

But in base game there are only 7 Tiles with II.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I got this wrong. You have to include the Place Tiles from the EXPANSION. Otherwise it doesn´t make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek Obszanski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:

2. I think you have to use the rules for a tie. First determine the value of the goods you have. If there is still no winner, money is the tie breaker.

But what with completed objectives ? Very first compare number of completed objectives, than rules for tie ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palmerex wrote:
Pelle666 wrote:

But what with completed objectives ? Very first compare number of completed objectives, than rules for tie ?

I think you are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Palmerex wrote:

That's a good question !

I would actually say that both players loose the game, but I would like an official answer on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smolen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
Palmerex wrote:

That's a good question !

I would actually say that both players loose the game, but I would like an official answer on this.

Wondering the same myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an answer from the designer and it is confirmed that if nobody completes the four objectives, both players loose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Singleton
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pelle666 wrote:

3. According to the rules you can fulfill the tasks anytime during the game so yes.

We finally played our first game of Duel. I struggled with this. I always thought the very last step in a round is to resolve the event, so in this case you could not fulfill an objective after you are moved to Orléans as part of the 16th event action. This came into play because my last objective to fulfill was #4. I was able to ship twice in the last turn to land in Orléans, so I had a clear win. However my opponent could have created a tie if Pelle666’s assessment is correct. They also had to fulfill #4 but could not travel there in time on their own. Who is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pelle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rules page 15:

Objectives
As soon as you meet the requirements of an Objective, you can immediately mark it complete by placing a neutral Marker on the space reserved for you (in your color, unless you did not choose green or yellow). You can complete them in any order...

(the german rules seem to be a little bit clearer here because they say that you can fulfill an Objective at any time during the game. So I think you can fulfill them during the event. In your case both of you completed all Objectives in the same round and tie breaker rules apply)

... The first player to complete all 4 Objectives wins. If you both do on the same round, check who has more Victory Points in Goods only—this player wins. In case of a tie, the player with more Coins wins. If there is still a tie, you both win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.