Subject: Initiative track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico D
Belgium
Sint-Pieters-Leeuw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 of the rules state that you cannot move beyond the top slot of the initiative track.
But can the disk still change position?
Red disk is on top of blue disk and blue earns initiative points. Position stays or they swap (blue disk comes on top)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nico D wrote:
Page 7 of the rules state that you cannot move beyond the top slot of the initiative track.
Red disk is on top of blue disk and blue earns initiative points. Position stays or they swap (blue disk comes on top)?

That certainly fits the spirit of the rules, so I'd say definitely swap positions.

EDIT:
See official ruling below: once disc reaches end of track, there is no chance to later swap positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Lacroix
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
skifreak737 wrote:
Nico D wrote:

That certainly fits the spirit of the rules, so I'd say definitely swap positions.

No,it is clearly stated that "If a player moves his disc onto a slot with other discs, he places his on top of the stack.". So if you don't move, you don't go up the others. Blue should have been more patient and wait for red to move first^^.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what the rules read. My interpretation is that you ARE moving the disc, since it is being moved from a lower position to a higher position.

That said, I see your point about knowing that once the top space is reached, one must risk being topped by another. I like both dynamics!

So.... Which one do the game's designers have in mind? The literal "if you don't move onto a new space, you risk being topped," or if you "take an action to advance on the track, you advance as far as possible," which includes moving to the top of a stack on the last space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Meertens
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
You gotta hang on to the trip you're on
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skifreak737 wrote:

So.... Which one do the game's designers have in mind? The literal "if you don't move onto a new space, you risk being topped," or if you "take an action to advance on the track, you advance as far as possible," which includes moving to the top of a stack on the last space?

That's a question that also came up in our group. I'm curious what the official ruling is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
eduart wrote:
skifreak737 wrote:

That's a question that also came up in our group. I'm curious what the official ruling is.

Thanks for the question.
Here's the official ruling:
once a disc has reached the last space on the initiative track doesn't move anymore and it does not swap position with other discs that reached the very same space later in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tanis wrote:
eduart wrote:
skifreak737 wrote:

Thanks for the question.
once a disc has reached the last space on the initiative track doesn't move anymore and it does not swap position with other discs that reached the very same space later in the same turn.

Thanks for the clarification!
One more potential timing issue to add to the decision making quandaries -- love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico D
Belgium
Sint-Pieters-Leeuw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tanis wrote:
Thanks for the question.

Thanks for clearing this out.
Indeed one more important decision to make during the game.
Great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.