Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello to all,
i already own mystery rummy: jack the ripper and enjoy it, and was think of getting wyatt earp as well. however, before doing so i would like to know if the 2 games differ enough to warrant a purchase, or if in fact they are very similiar and therefore do not. most of my games are played as 2 player games. any comments are appreciated. thanx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both. JtR is really a 2 player game; while Wyatt Earp works great with 4.

--Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe that WE was originally supposed to be a part of the mystery rummy serries, but the theme was too different. i have played JtR as a 2p game, and as such it plays differently than WE with more people. i prefer WE myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all of the MR and Earp. For me, they all are sufficiently different enough to enjoy. Earp is best, I feel, with 3 or 4, but is certainly good with 2. Ripper I have played and enjoy with 2 and 3.

To answer your question...you are not duplicating efforts. Really, if you are enjoying Ripper, you should enjoy Earp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you like partnership games by all means get Mystery Rummy 2 - Murders in the Rue Morgue. Also quite different and a lot of fun!

For me I play:
Jack for 2
Earp for 3
Rue for 4

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.