Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I was wondering about the letters that represent the units within factions in the counters.

In page 4 of the rules, when the Scenario setup is described, we have the following example:

1x Officer; 3x Republican infantry
"Regarding the selection of participating units, one should collect all the Regular infantry officers (in this case, six with the IDs G-H-I-J-K-L)"

The thing is that in my game I have not six but eight Regular Infantry Officers with others letters, which are not the same that are mentioned in the rules (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H).

The same goes for the next example:

1xOfficer 2xRepublican MMH
"Take two republican MMG officers (IDs Q-R)"
In the game I have two MMG Republican offiers with letters A and B.

It looks like all the letters for the factions start always with "A" while in the rules, each faction follows it´s own lettering.

I suppose that it is an error in in the rulebook and not in the counters or should I change something in the counters?

Thanks!

Daniel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Eskubi
Spain
Bilbao
Vizcaya
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The counter samples of each faction on page 4 are just to help recognice each faction for all the gamers aren't familiar with the SCW, just that, don't have any more purpose.

Best
Niko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niko3 wrote:
The counter samples of each faction on page 4 are just to help recognice each faction for all the gamers aren't familiar with the SCW, just that, don't have any more purpose.

Best
Niko

Thanks, Niko.

I have seen some pictures from the 1st Edition counters and they seem to have the lettering mentioned in text of the 2nd Edition rules (G-H-I-J-K-L).

Then the text of the 2nd edition rulebook should read as follows:

1x Officer; 3x Republican infantry
"Regarding the selection of participating units, one should collect all the Regular infantry officers (in this case, six eight with the IDs G-H-I-J-K-L A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H)"

1x Officer 2x Republican MMG
"Take two republican MMG officers (IDs Q-RA-B)"

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.