Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got a game in and after my game I found myself wondering what value does Shagoo have. I just don't see much use for him or see where he is helpful. Maybe if the humans attacked any monsters he reveals in his attack the same turn I could see it. But since they don't there is no real threat to the monsters he reveals, at least no immediate threat (unless a coordinated attack with another player I guess)
Anyway how do you guys see him being useful

I felt the same about Kidoo that his benifit was kinda meh but at least he can be generated and placed in one turn and could steal points from a Drakoor.
Just curious on others thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:
I finally got a game in and after my game I found myself wondering what value does Shagoo have. I just don't see much use for him or see where he is helpful. Maybe if the humans attacked any monsters he reveals in his attack the same turn I could see it. But since they don't there is no real threat to the monsters he reveals, at least no immediate threat (unless a coordinated attack with another player I guess)
Anyway how do you guys see him being useful

I felt the same about Kidoo that his benifit was kinda meh but at least he can be generated and placed in one turn and could steal points from a Drakoor.
Just curious on others thoughts.

Two player or four game? Revealing other monsters is critical and yes the troops (especially if there are several) can put some serious hurt on the monster if you save up dice, and especially when a bomb or aircraft comes along. Understand, like any good monster movie, one group of troops will never kill the monster by themselves; it is all about the collective effort long game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
Two player or four game? Revealing other monsters is critical and yes the troops (especially if there are several) can put some serious hurt on the monster if you save up dice, and especially when a bomb or aircraft comes along. Understand, like any good monster movie, one group of troops will never kill the monster by themselves; it is all about the collective effort long game.

I was talking about a 3/4 player count. What do you mean about the troops putting serious hurt when you save up dice? Do you mean if you get a good roll with a lot of dice going to the M1 or M2 boxes?

With Shagoo though you have to first get the token to place him on the board and if even if you get him to the right city of the monster you reveal you have to wait a turn before you can attack to reveal him. Then you need another turn before you can attack him with a monster or military. So it takes 3 turns to hit a revealed monster using your Shagoo to do it. Of course if other players take advantage of what your Shagoo did then yes, the damage could come much sooner.
Héros on the other hand.....you place your hero and if you have military there you immediately get to attack. Of course you have to get a hit with heros to reveal so there is that downside to heroes.

So I'm understanding that you don't use Shagoo to get an immediate consequence but that he can go around and reveal other monsters causing problems for them in the long game perspective?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shagoo can attack hidden monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.