Factory World
Trade Federation Base
Cost: 8
3 trade
6-strength outpost
Put the next ship or base you acquire into your hand

as it says above put the next ship or base you acquire into your hand
as its not a faction abilitie does that mean i can always use it on my turn
buy a ship put it in my hand then the next ship or base put in my hand and so on ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ability of the base triggers once each turn that it is in play. This means that each turn you will get just 3 trade and once per turn you can put a base/ship that you buy into your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
HomerJr wrote:
The ability of the base triggers once each turn that it is in play. This means that each turn you will get just 3 trade and once per turn you can put a base/ship that you buy into your hand.

I think it would be the first ship bought each turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
thegrinder wrote:
HomerJr wrote:

It will be the next ship after you activate the ability. You don't have to activate the ability at the beginning of your turn, you can do it at any point during your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
benjotron wrote:
thegrinder wrote:
HomerJr wrote:

It will be the next ship after you activate the ability. You don't have to activate the ability at the beginning of your turn, you can do it at any point during your turn.

Cool, thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is relevant if, say, you really want to buy a Convoy Bot for 3, and a Colony Seed Ship for 5, and you have 2 trade from playing Solar Skiff and a Factory World.

What you'd like to do is take 3 trade off Factory World, use it with your 2 trade from Skiff, buy and put Seed Ship into your hand using Seed Ship's ability, then play Seed Ship for 3 trade, then buy and put Convoy Bot into your hand using Factory World's ability.

But you can't do that, because Factory world's trade and acquire ability are part of the same power. So you either have 2 trade and no special acquisition, or 5 trade and special acquisition.

What you have to do instead is use Factory World's power to get up to 5, buy the Seed Ship, it goes into your hand and "wastes" (if you want to think of it like that) one of the special acquisition powers, then you buy Convoy Bot into the discard pile as usual. (Or you can just buy and special-acquire Convoy Bot, your call - maybe you'll get lucky and flip a Warning Beacon you can use as well.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.