Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Chain Reaction Outbreaks (NO SPOILERS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odd Eye
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

Quick question. We played our January game with 3 cubes on Riyadh and Cairo. On the Infection phase, the Cairo card came up and we had an outbreak (as no 4th cube can be placed).

As Riyadh and Cairo are linked, this created a chain reaction with an outbreak in Riyadh.

My question is does this endlessly loop so that we lose the game or, do I do what we did, and just assume the chain reaction occurs once and then carry on?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
You just have to perform the outbreak steps separately from each city once. A city cannot outbreak more than once per card draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
msg tools
mbmbmb
You handled it correctly. The rules state that each city can outbreak at most once in a chain reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why would you come to a forum and not just check the rulebook? Page 13 under outbreaks answers your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd Eye
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilNuff wrote:
Why would you come to a forum and not just check the rulebook? Page 13 under outbreaks answers your question.

Have you had nails for breakfast? Man, it's just a question!

Anyway, the actual Outbreak text didn't answer the question. After reading your comment, I went and rechecked the rules and found that the little white box does answer this question (I didn't read these bits to the group when I played as we were focused on the actual rules).

So, thanks for that but I don't see why you have to be so rude and aggressive about it.

You could have just said "FYI, there's a scenario for this in the rule book on P13 in the white box".

Same outcome but a completely different message.

Oh, and thank you to the other two posters for your help also.

Good day sirs/madams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Actually the main text does answer your question. You don't need the white box.

2nd paragraph under outbreaks (bold added by me):
"When a chain reaction outbreak occurs, first move the outbreaks marker
forward 1 space. Then, place cubes as above, except do not add a cube to
cities that have already had an outbreak (or a chain reaction outbreak) as
part of resolving the current Infection card
."

There was nothing rude or aggressive about my response. These forums are flooded with people asking questions that show they did not even read the rule book. I provided the exact page in the rules that answered the question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.