Subject: Rules, Rules, Rules. Time for a FAQ. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: rules [+] [View All]
Bruce H
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see some sort of official FAQ for this game in the future. For now I have a few questions that needs to be clarified.
1- Page 18: "The Hutt player may choose to try and destroy the Death Star. He may do this because the Death Star is blocking his path..."
Q. Does the Death Star keep the Hutts from fortifying or attacking if it occupies their planet? Where in the rules does it state this.
2- Other threads state that the Death Star can pass through an asteroid field but where in the rules does this state this? A Capital Ship can't but the Death Star can? I can see leaving the area just destroyed but not passing through the area in future moves.
3- Page 17: "You may move any additional troops and ships onto the planet as well" I'm guessing they mean from the recent attacking planet and not from other adjacent planets.
4- Can a player call off an attack and retreat back to the planet it attacked from?
5- What effect on the game would it be if a destroyed planet reduced the region bonus by 1?
6- Is their a limit on the number of cards you can have in your hand?

Things that need to be explained:
A. Ship Advantages are listed on the bottom of the token.
B. Once the cards in your faction are exhausted they are not recycled. I know this because it would mess with the game play in later rounds. But I would like to see a rule that states: "Once all the cards in your faction are played the deck is reshuffled and played only for the purpose of raising troops or building ships. All special directives are void. All rules are applied as in SW Standard Risk (See page 7)" You could turn the deck face up to signify this stage.

I know other questions will arise the more we play this game. Thanks in advance for your replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
Quote:
I would like to see some sort of official FAQ for this game in the future.

Me, too! But, FWIW, here's an unofficial pass at your Q's:

Quote:
1- Page 18: "The Hutt player may choose to try and destroy the Death Star. He may do this because the Death Star is blocking his path..."

Q. Does the Death Star keep the Hutts from fortifying or attacking if it occupies their planet? Where in the rules does it state this.

The Death Star only prevents attacks against an Imperial-controlled planet it occupies (page 14). There's no rule that the Death Star itself blocks fortification moves into or through (or prevents attacks against) Rebel or Hutt controlled planets.

Presumably the "blocking his [the Hutts] path" refers to the Death Star occupying an Imperial-controlled planet that the Hutts want to attack (since the Hutts have no Force Meter incentive to take on the Death Star).

Quote:
2- Other threads state that the Death Star can pass through an asteroid field but where in the rules does this state this? A Capital Ship can't but the Death Star can? I can see leaving the area just destroyed but not passing through the area in future moves.

The rules aren't explicit, so it's anyone's guess. But Asteroid Fields only block attacks and fortification (the two methods Capital ships have of "moving"). The Death Star, however, moves by die roll in separate turn step.

Quote:
3- Page 17: "You may move any additional troops and ships onto the planet as well" I'm guessing they mean from the recent attacking planet and not from other adjacent planets.

Yes. Page 8: "You can attack from any one planet..." (emphasis added) and page 9, the Changing Attacking Planets During an Invasion paragraph.

Quote:
4- Can a player call off an attack and retreat back to the planet it attacked from?

Despite the "send" terminology in the Attacking rule (page 8) the attacking pieces don't actually leave the planet from which they attack (until they actually conquer the defending planet, see page 9), so no retreat is required. And a player is explicitly allowed to call off an invasion (page 9).

Quote:
6- Is their a limit on the number of cards you can have in your hand?

I couldn't find one and it was one of the first things I looked for (the card limit for the Clone Wars edition wasn't mentioned in the rules, only in the Turn Sequence cards).

The 5-card limit mentioned on page 7 of the standard RISK rules explicitly notes the limit is for the standard game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about any confusion.

Q: Can the Death Star move away from and pass through an asteroid field after destroying a planet?
A: Yes. The Death Star is a moon-sized space station that is not affected by asteroid fields. It can move through, pass over or even occupy the space of an asteroid field.

Q: Is there a limit on the number of cards you can have in your hand?
A: No.

Q: If you have a 2 to 3 player game do you double up on troops and do you separate them like the Clone Wars Edition?
A: The Rebels and Imperials get only the listed number of armies total (not per army color). The second set of armies is only used during play if there aren't enough pieces left in the first color to place reinforcements.

Q: When the Force Meter affects the Death Star destruction, is the +1-3 bonus applied only once per attack, or to each attacking die?
A: The bonus is added to the dice total, not per die. So, if you are attacking with three troops, and the bonus is currently at +1 on the Force Meter, the bonus is +1 to your total die roll. There are many combinations of ships and cards like “Use the Force”, “The Secret Plans”, “Great Shot”, “Stay on Target”, and “One in a Million” that greatly increase the Rebel’s odds in attacking the Death Star and since there is no limit to how many cards you can hold, you can save them all for a decisive strike if you want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.