Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Schemaille
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a NIS copy of Pandemic Legacy on my shelf, and some friends and I plan to crack it open next week. We haven't been able to find a fourth player yet, and it doesn't look likely that we'll find someone who can make the commitment to play the entire game through with us.

Will playing without a full complement of players negatively affect us? Would it be possible for us to jointly play a fourth character without wrecking things? We'd really appreciate any feedback on this, and please, no spoilers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
In Legacy, all player hands are open, the rules clarify this, so there is no hidden information. Therefore, playing a fourth character jointly is definitely doable.

We are playing with four currently so can't comment on difficulty balance with fewer. You'd have less variety of powers however there would be fewer players sharing the player cards, making cures happen somewhat more quickly relative to Epidemics coming out. Just like with regular pandemic. Two excellent designers here, I would be amazed if the balance with different player numbers was not well honed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Zamo
msg tools
My group tends to agree upon our next set of turns constantly, so while I get the notion of 1 character per player feeling right, 3 players controlling 4 characters sounds like it would be more fun for me that scrapping the 4th character. Trying to give zero spoilers, the game feels like more PCs is more fun to me, more powers and more character modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
RobbieZed wrote:
My group tends to agree upon our next set of turns constantly, so while I get the notion of 1 character per player feeling right, 3 players controlling 4 characters sounds like it would be more fun for me that scrapping the 4th character. Trying to give zero spoilers, the game feels like more PCs is more fun to me, more powers and more character modifiers.

Absolutely this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.