Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red/black surrounding white does indeed mean any world; windfall, production or gray.

If there is a color inside, it means only that color world, either windfall or production.

If the circle is only black, it only applies to normal (non-military) worlds, while a red circle means only military.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red outline denotes military world, black outline denotes non-military. If the inside is brown, yellow, green, or blue then it means a production world of that type. If the outside is any of those colors, it means a windfall world of that type. If the inside is white, it means any type of world. So for the settle bonus, you draw one card when you settle any type of world if you played the settle action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You might review the Summary card, one side of which goes through the world icons in more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the settle phase you do the following, I'm assuming you called settle:

1. Pick a world to settle.
2. Is the circle black? If so pay by discarding cards. If the circle is red you need at least this much military otherwise you may not settle the world.
3. Does the world have a windfall halo? If so place a card on it.
4. Draw a card.

The circle in the following symbol means any world:

"Any windfall world" is the symbol on the produce card as part of the "produce a good on any windfall world" power.

"Any production world" (I don't think this appears in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The brackets extend over all four world cards, showing that these cards are all worlds.

Below this are examples of different subtypes of worlds: military, non-military (one breakdown); windfall and production worlds (another breakdown, with gray worlds being neither).

This produces a total of 18 different possible world combinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pevsfreedom wrote:
And if the inside is blue then only blue production worlds?

Usually - this is the only one that is slightly weird. If we use brown rather than blue (since there aren't any discounts on settling blue worlds). Alpha Centauri's power reduces the cost of all non-military brown worlds by 1 and gives 1 military against all brown worlds, not just production worlds.

Whereas a 6-cost development which scores for brown worlds has a different symbol for windfall & production worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mumu shanshi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zabdiel wrote:
2. Is the circle red? If so NOT (ie. if the circle is black), pay by discarding cards. If the circle is red you need at least this much military

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hmm... it looks like some editions didn't extend the brackets as much as others. When I replied to you, I quickly grabbed the nearest edition to my computer, which happened to be the Brazilian edition, where the brackets do extend farther, over all the cards. Sorry for the miscommunication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katrina
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rebel worlds all have an additional tiny brown circle below the regular one - what does it mean??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That it's a Rebel world. See the other thread. (I think the colour is pink or salmon, the cubes from RvI too indicate military Vs Rebels are officially "light red"* so maybe that's the official line on what this colour is.)

* Which amused me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.