Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new edition of the game comes with three tokens for each minor. One goes on the home station. Once goes on the stock market chart (in the available par values zone). One goes on the Income Earned chart?

Should there be an additional token for each Minor to place on the Par Value chart printed in the top right corner of the board? If not, what is that Par Value chart printed on the board for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Par Value chart, I presume. Unless I'm mistaken, that's what they were for in 1861.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
Par Value chart, I presume. Unless I'm mistaken, that's what they were for in 1861.

Sorry, but I do not understand your response.

The original JKLM version of 1861 does not have a Par Value chart at all (just a Par Value section of the Stock Market chart).

The new AA version of 1861 does not have a Par Value chart at all (just a Par Value section of the Stock Market chart).

If you are suggesting that one of the three tokens be used for the Par Value chart printed on the 1867 board, then which other area (Home Station, Stock Market chart, or Income Earned chart) should not have a token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Three tokens: Home station, stock market, income chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, meant to say income track.

My copy, printed based on AAG pnp files, had an income track, which the third token is for.

So there is effectively only one station marker on the board for each minor, which will end up being just it's starting location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there are par values in 1867.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:

Fair enough. Please interpret the phrase "Par Value chart" that I used above to mean, "The allowable initial share price (which corresponds to half the amount paid) chart".

Apologies for using a short-cut phrase.

If we all agree that clearclaw is correct,
clearclaw wrote:
Three tokens: Home station, stock market, income chart.
then what is the chart printed on the top right of the board for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:

Uhh...you mean this one?

That's just the stock market. "Current Market Value".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Brosius wrote:

Right, why I didn't think twice about what terms I was using, and jus mimicked what was in the original post. There is no Par Value Chart.

Like JR said, that's the stock market in the top right (and the dividends tracker in the bottom right).

Unlike 1861, 1867 uses a simplified 1D stock market instead of a 2D stock market. So prices only move left to right. The second row (330 - 540) is just a continuation of the stock market on another row for space considerations.

I think of the minor companies as a 2-share president's certificate. If a share costs $50, you pay $100 for that certificate, and the share price marker will be at $50 because that's the per-share price.

In the stock market, the brown and red are the legal values for a minor company to start at on a per-share price. The red and purple values are what the per share price for majors can start at. The yellow highlighted regions are the values at which minor companies may convert to majors without merging. The red dashed line is the cap that a minor stock price can reach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
RoamDog wrote:

Uhh...you mean this one?

That's just the stock market. "Current Market Value".

Ah. The light bulb goes off. Since most of the components come from 1861, I just automatically pulled out the stock chart from 1861. And I don't remember ever playing an 18xx game with a 1D stock market. So the table in the upper right just did not make sense.

Thanks to all for your assistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken McMillen
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn't get any tokens in my game box for the minors-just using only the 2 that came with 1861. How do we use the income track (for the major companies as well)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.