Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to gain a 7th Reputation tile? And if so, how would it work? Would I discard one of the previous 6 that I acquired?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are taking the tile from your gallery the rules specify that if you have no empty space you discard the reputation tile, see page 8.

If you are doing the 'take a reputation' action and you have no empty spaces you cannot take that action, see page 12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
It is absolutely possible -- it almost happened in a game I played last night. That is why I asked the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I checked the rulebook again and have the answer.

The only way this can happen is if I have taken 6 reputation tile actions, and then if I cover the 3rd gallery space. If that happens, as mentioned above, the 7th reputation tile is discarded.

The rules also mention on page 12 that the reputation tile action is forbidden to be taken if there are no available reputation spaces on your player board. So I could not gain 7 tiles purely through reputation tile actions.

Thanks everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you already taken 6 rep tiles, does this mean all of your 6 assistants are got hold up in the international market spaces? So you only have 4 left to use?

And sorry for piggy-backing but it's still related.
If you get a reputation tile, you place it on one of the 6 empty spaces on the board. The spaces have Icons, what are they mean? When placing a rep tile, I can place it anywhere, disregarding the icon on the space?
The rep tiles will be scored during end game final scoring. Do the empty spaces still get to scored because there's icon on it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
So if you already taken 6 rep tiles, does this mean all of your 6 assistants are got hold up in the international market spaces? So you only have 4 left to use?

No, one of the reputation tiles could have been freed up when you place a piece of art on the third spot in you gallery. But you will always have a minimum of 5 assistants in the international market in that case (with 5 left to use).

vardamir wrote:

And sorry for piggy-backing but it's still related.
If you get a reputation tile, you place it on one of the 6 empty spaces on the board. The spaces have Icons, what are they mean?

When you place it on one of the 6 empty spaces, you immediately get the bonus printed on that space (see the player aid for what the bonus icons mean).

vardamir wrote:

When placing a rep tile, I can place it anywhere, disregarding the icon on the space?

Yes, you can choose any of the 6 available spaces.

vardamir wrote:

The rep tiles will be scored during end game final scoring. Do the empty spaces still get to scored because there's icon on it?

Thanks.

No, as I said above, the spaces are bonuses that you get immediately when you place a reputation tile on them. Only the reputation tiles that you placed are scored in end game final scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
No, one of the reputation tiles could have been freed up when you place a piece of art on the third spot in you gallery. But you will always have a minimum of 5 assistants in the international market in that case (with 5 left to use).

Okay to clarify, the rules stated in it's example that you can fill the spaces without using the rep tile in your 3rd gallery.
This shown by the example of placing a rep tile from the 3rd gallery but no space is available, thus the rep tile is discarded instead of being placed in the space.

So it's possible to have 6 assistants in International market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:

Quote:

Okay to clarify, the rules stated in it's example that you can fill the spaces without using the rep tile in your 3rd gallery.
This shown by the example of placing a rep tile from the 3rd gallery but no space is available, thus the rep tile is discarded instead of being placed in the space.

So it's possible to have 6 assistants in International market.

Yes, that is correct. The 6 spaces could be filled in 1 of 2 different ways: 1. All 6 are filled by placing assistants in the International Market. 2. All 6 are filled by placing 5 assistants in the International Market and 1 space filled from using the reputation tile from the third gallery space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.