Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The triangles are used for playing the 2 floor 5x5 variant. It's in the rule book. Basically you form 2 decks out of all the cards from all 3 floors by sorting them into white circles and black circles (regardless of number) and that becomes the 1st and second floor respectively. The triangles then represent when the guard will travel to either row 5 or column E. It's the rule book under variants.

I haven't had a chance to play that yet but I've done 3 games of the 3 floor so far and lost the first 2 on reaching the 3rd floor. On my third game I started to realise how important it is to bait the gaurd by setting off alarms,thus preventing his movement from increasing as his deck depletes. To be honest it's funny that a stealth game is all about setting off alarms

My fiend and I have actually been working on a variant house rule to make it more about avoiding the gaurd and predicting movement than setting off alarms. Also having to shuffle the gaurd decks constantly when playing 2 player is frustrating for prediction where the gaurd will go.

But still love the game as is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also isn't awesome to have something reach Australia before America for a change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:
Also isn't awesome to have something reach Australia before America for a change.

No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Mero
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milostnik wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It was strange to get something so quickly on Kickstarter. But refreshing.

Does this mean that if he moves to a E or 5 square you move him off the game board?

I think you're just supposed to leave those cards out unless you're playing the 5x5 variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milostnik wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It was strange to get something so quickly on Kickstarter. But refreshing.

Does this mean that if he moves to a E or 5 square you move him off the game board?

You completely ignore the triangles when playing 3 4x4floors. When you are playing with 2 5x5 floors then when you draw a card that has a trangle you will ignore what's written in the grid and move the gaurd to the triangle. So if you were playing a 5x5 map and you draw gaurd card that says A1 but has a triangle underneath C4 ( making the triangle C5) you would ignore the A1 and move the gaurd destination to the triangle location on the bottom row of column C. So as per your question if you drew a gaurd card with the triangle on the bottom row and last column ( this would actually make it behind the room number ) you would move the gaurd destination to the bottom right hand corner or E5.
Does that make sense
Also you don't remove the triangle cards when playing 3 floors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
milostnik wrote:
Thanks for that. Clears up the triangles nicely.
One last question, what about the cards that have no destination on them and just a black or white triangle on the bottom right?

They're only used on the 5x5 so the gaurd can travel to the bottom right hand corner or E5 otherwise they would have had to print the triangle over the number.

My friend and I making a new deck to play a 7x7 with all 3 guards and safes on one floor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
7x7? ok that is seriously cool. Let me know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.