Subject: Mixed 2nd printing Tentacles with 1st printing. Solved rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

I accidently mixed the 1st printing tentacle Monster cards with the 2nd printing.
So now I have 16 tentacle monster cards. Which one are the correct ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mixed 2nd printing Tentacles with 1st printing. Help!!
Oke, saw something.

1 set of cards is called Tentacle Monster.
Other set is called The tentacle Monster.

Which set is from which printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
I wish I could help you, but I am away for a week and without a copy to verify this.

As far as remember no changes were made to the tentacle monster deck though. Both sets should contain similar AI scripts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madyoss wrote:
I wish I could help you, but I am away for a week and without a copy to verify this.

As far as remember no changes were made to the tentacle monster deck though. Both sets should contain similar AI scripts.

Correct, but 1 is called The tentacle and the othe just tentacle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 9 cards for this monster in total. 8 have "The Tentacle Monster" and 1 has "Tentacle Monster" on the back. The single card has the events "Forceful engagement - Thrash - Grab and eat whatever - Devour". I never had to remove any cards for this monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niddi77 wrote:
I have 9 cards for this monster in total. 8 have "The Tentacle Monster" and 1 has "Tentacle Monster" on the back. The single card has the events "Forceful engagement - Thrash - Grab and eat whatever - Devour". I never had to remove any cards for this monster.

Yuo have version 2 with Doompocalypse?

But I found it on pics here.
The Tentacle Monsters is V1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1st edition of the base game and then I bought Doompocalypse in Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
1st edition had 8 Tentacle Moster AI cards with "The Tentacle Monster" on the back, 2nd edition with "Tentacle Monster".
Doompocalypse expansion has 1 additional card for this AI deck with "Tentacle Monster" on the back. I just checked and this is the only AI card that will stand out if you mix 1st edition with Doompocalypse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this 9th, new Doompocalypse card for "The Tentacle Monster" is on Tom's list of cards, which needs to be replaced in a future expansion

@maartend I'm curious how did you get the two different versions of the Tentacle Monster? I have the same as Niddi77 mentioned. I own the 1st Edition and got the upgrade kit and now have 8 "The Tentacle Monster" cards and 1 new Doompocalypse "Tentacle Monster" card. Were the other cards replaced in the 2nd Edition and not included in the upgrade kit, that would be a pity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitarja wrote:
I hope this 9th, new Doompocalypse card for "The Tentacle Monster" is on Tom's list of cards, which needs to be replaced in a future expansion

@maartend I'm curious how did you get the two different versions of the Tentacle Monster? I have the same as Niddi77 mentioned. I own the 1st Edition and got the upgrade kit and now have 8 "The Tentacle Monster" cards and 1 new Doompocalypse "Tentacle Monster" card. Were the other cards replaced in the 2nd Edition and not included in the upgrade kit, that would be a pity.

It seems that maartend has both 1st and 2nd edition of the game. Upgrade pack should contain all of the changed cards, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My upgrade pack consisting of all 64cards doesn't have the changed Tentacle monster AI cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitarja wrote:
My upgrade pack consisting of all 64cards doesn't have the changed Tentacle monster AI cards

Mine neither, because the text on the cards was not changed. The only difference was the monster name on the back of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But that is a pretty big change in my opinion because one can't easily use the new card with the old ones. So I hope we get some replacements with a future expansion.
Until then I might just exclude the card or also draw from the bottom of the deck, like with the Wilderness/Mountain decks. But it is an annoying error, which should be addressed in the future in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.