Subject: English rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my translation of the rules into English.

How to play "Qwixx Big Points":

The rules for the standard four colour-rows (square boxes) and the gameplay remain the same as the original game, with no changes.

Players take turns to perform their two actions. At the end of the game, there are four scores for the normal colour rows and each misthrow counts for 5 minus-points, as usual.

No points are scored for the two bonus-rows themselves (round frames). However, crosses in bonus boxes count for both adjacent colour-rows. In this way you can make many crosses per colour-row and score many points per colour (maximum 120).

How are the bonus boxes crossed out?
If you have crossed out a normal colour box (e.g. the green 10), then when this number is rolled again (i.e. another green 10), you may cross out the adjacent two-tone bonus box.
This also applies when using the corresponding "white number" (white 10).
It is not possible to cross out a bonus box if you have not previously crossed out at least one adjacent colour box.

Sarah has crossed out the yellow 3 and the red 5. If she rolls another yellow 3 or red 5, she can cross out the adjacent bonus box with this action. She can do likewise if she (or another player) rolls a white 3 or a white 5.

What should you consider?
• The usual rules apply to the two bonus-rows: they must be marked from left to right; bonus boxes to the left may not be subsequently crossed out.
• A colour-row can be locked as usual when you tick the rightmost box, if you have at least 6 crosses in this colour. Crossed out bonus boxes are not included in the 6 crosses needed to lock the colour-row.
• If a colour-row has been locked (e.g. green), you can continue to cross out neighbouring bonus boxes as described. In this way, bonus boxes are still crossed out and counted for both adjacent colour-rows until the very end of the game.
• If the active player only crosses out a bonus box on their turn, this is not counted as a misthrow.

Scoring example:
Sarah has crossed out 3 red/yellow bonus boxes. These 3 crosses are included for both the red and the yellow colour-rows. In addition, Sarah has crossed out 4 green/blue bonus boxes. These 4 crosses are included for both the green and the blue colour-rows.

Note: It is permitted to have more than 15 crosses in a colour-row (plus neighbouring bonus boxes) but only a maximum of 15 crosses per colour are counted.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome thank you!

Do you still remove colored die once it's locked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
This is awesome thank you!

Do you still remove colored die once it's locked?

Yes, and two locked rows ends the game as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Bauer
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is directly addressed--the examples all reference numbers equal to already crossed-out numbers. Are the bonus rows linked in the the same way the individual rows are bounded?
- If my red 5 and my yellow 4 were crossed out and I roll a red 2, could I cross out the red/yellow 2? (Assuming no numbers were crossed out on the red/yellow bonus line.)
-Likewise, if my green 6 and blue 6 are crossed out and I roll a blue 3, can I cross the 3 off of the green/blue bonus row? (Even though it's not a tactically wise move.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
GamesDirect wrote:
Not sure if this is directly addressed--the examples all reference numbers equal to already crossed-out numbers.

That's because of the "adjacent box" rule:

If you have crossed out a normal colour box (e.g. the green 10), then when this number is rolled again (i.e. another green 10), you may cross out the adjacent two-tone bonus box.

Quote:
Are the bonus rows linked in the the same way the individual rows are bounded?

I'm not sure what you mean here, but hopefully the examples below will clarify:

Quote:
- If my red 5 and my yellow 4 were crossed out and I roll a red 2, could I cross out the red/yellow 2? (Assuming no numbers were crossed out on the red/yellow bonus line.)

In this situation, you could only cross out the red/yellow 2 if you've also previously crossed out either the Red 2 or the Yellow 2. Red/yellow boxes can only be crossed if they're adjacent to a box you've crossed out on either the Red or Yellow row. So if you hadn't previously crossed out Red 2 or Yellow 2, then no, you couldn't cross out red/yellow 2.

Quote:
-Likewise, if my green 6 and blue 6 are crossed out and I roll a blue 3, can I cross the 3 off of the green/blue bonus row? (Even though it's not a tactically wise move.)

Again, only if there's an adjacent 3 crossed out in the blue or green rows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Bauer
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarifications. You have answered my questions. I didn't realize (or misread) the rule that to cross off a two-color circle, you had to have one of the two (or both) matching colors crossed off either above or below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Spain
Terrassa
flag msg tools
badge
I like turtles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!

Thanks for the rules in English, however there is still a couple of things that I don't understand.

1. Player A: Roll dice - Player B: Can cross out a bonus box based on the white dice that Player A just rolled, instead of crossing out a normal box from a row. Is that the way it works? I understand the rule that a bonus must be crossed out in an adjacent box that was already crossed out, but I'm not sure if I understand when exactly you can do it and with which dice. Can you do it with the colour dice from the opponent too?

2. On your turn then, from the two actions available, you can for example cross out a normal row box with the two white dice and cross out a bonus box with the white+colour dice combination. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.