Subject: English rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quick translation of the rules into English.

How to play "Qwixx gemixxt":

All the rules of Qwixx are kept the same. Additional rules for the two available variants are as follows:

Variant A

The numbers within a row are in ascending or descending order, just like the original game, but the colours are divided into small segments.
When a player completes a row by crossing out the number on the far right, immediately remove the die of the corresponding colour from the game. For example, if a player completes the top row by crossing out the red 12 (with at least 6 crosses in this row), the red die is immediately removed from the game and the top row is now closed to all players.
Note: In the other three rows, red boxes may continue to be crossed out by using the two white dice.

Variant B

The numbers within a row are not ascending or descending but jumbled wildly. To close a row, a player must cross out the number on the far right: an 11 for red, a 10 for yellow, a 3 for green and a 4 for blue.

Another tip...

You can use the "Qwixx gemixxt" score pads for the "Qwixx Card Game".
Additional rule for Variant A: If the active player plays multiple cards (they must have the same colour), then he must make crosses in different rows.

Example: Tim plays the red 3, the red 8 and the red 11. The red 3 is crossed out in the second row and the red 8 in the fourth row. He does not want to cross out the red 11.
Example: If the active player crosses out multiple boxes in a row, then he may also skip more than one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moo Cow
msg tools
mb
Thanks for posting this. The English rules leave about the Additional rules section, which is frustrating. I immediately interpreted the rules one way and my wife the other way. We ended up looking around and this solved our dilemma.

I wish the English rules included this additional text, because it clears it up.

For the record, my wife was right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.