Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks mighty interesting. Does anyone have any information regarding the rules system?

I will reward a rules posting with geekgold. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The general play of the game is similar to the free games on the publisher's website. http://www.angelfire.com/az3/twohourwargames/free.html The special rules for zombies basically control where zombies and other things are found and what hapens when they are found. The actions of zombies and other survivors that the players find are controled by the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why can't I get your link to work, Tim? I just get a blank screen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Green
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a review of ATZ you should read this:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/neil.shuck/revatz.html

It compares the differences between ATZ and the main THW rules (Chain Reaction 2), however, it does describe what the core mechanisms are (reaction tests). A good summation IMHO.

Next, you can head here:
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/twohourwargames/batreps.htm

There are six different battle reports to check out. Between the review and the battle reports, you should have a good handle on how things work.

However, in case the above doesn't really make a solid point of it, the key to any THW rule set is getting a handle on their "reaction test" system. In short, if you like total control over your minis (you are God and on your turn they do exactly what you want, when you want them to) then you should pass on THW games.

The reaction tests add the chaos of uncertainty, doing so quite well too. Your guy runs around a corner, and suddenly is spotted. The spotter gets to roll for a reaction to seeing you (so this is an interrupt to your turn). You react to them as well. The reactions can go back and forth until the issue is resolved, then you continue with your turn.

Let's say you both have guns. His reaction is to open fire, you return fire, if nobody is hit you continue to do so (fire at each other), but there is also a chance that he will decide it's time to duck for cover. Your figure may do the same. Modifiers are at play (so veterans are less likely to panic than green troops).

So your troops "may" do what you want them to, but then again ... maybe not. Hope all that helps!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why the link would not work for you. Anyway, try www.twohourwargames.com then look at games and free games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This sucks!
The links take me to the game site, but when I try to view a play session, the screen goes white, like it's dead.
What am I doin' wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for everybody's help. Much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.