Maik Hennebach
Germany
Frankfurt
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you feel that resources are a bit too easy to secure in a three or two player game, the following might help:
With three players, only six (instead of seven) resource cards are available each round, and with two players only five.

We tried this once with three players, and it did work quite nicely - if anyone gives it a go with only two, I'd like to hear how it went.

Maik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vilius Matulis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I played 2 players game with only 5 resourses each round it was just a more balanced game the feeling is like 3 or 4 player game. In future always will use this home rule:]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it pose a problem for you that removing more than 2 cards could mean there is NO Wood/Stone/Sand for the round?

If I were to try this (which I have considered), I'd probably do some algorithm where I shuffle up the different resources separately, add 1 of each to the pool, then shuffle the remaining 6 (2 of each) together and add 2 or 3 to the pool - so there's AT LEAST 1 of each resource card available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Hennebach
Germany
Frankfurt
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
Does it pose a problem for you that removing more than 2 cards could mean there is NO Wood/Stone/Sand for the round?

I don't possess the game myself, so I don't have a lot of opportunities to try this variant, but I'd think of this as a feature, not as a bug

It does increase the luck factor a bit, but much of the possible effect can be buffered by the market. In fact, the importance of the market (and getting there first) would be bolstered a bit in a round without one of the resources, and that's a good thing, I'd say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possibility would be to still put out all 7 cards but stop taking them when 1 (for 3 players) or 2 (for 2 players) are left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possibility:
Reduce the number of workers. Treat the big meeple as 3 workers instead of 5.

(i recently saw a 2 player game where they did this by accident)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.