T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Average play time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike mcginnis

Shelby Twp
Michigan
msg tools
I see 60-90 min listed on the website but I just read a review that says 4-5 hours. So for those of you that have played it. What was your average play time? 60-90 min equals a buy for me but I can't handle 4-5 hours. I don't have that kind of free time very often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Every "run" takes about an hour but the cases can take 3 to 6 runs to solve. It's easy to put away between runs and come back to during a different session. (It's even pretty easy to "save" the game during a run, because of the way the insert is set up.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played this game once and didn't complete the scenario. On our first run, we ran out of time units(T.U. is a game mechanic and not real time). The run took about 90 minutes not including setup and rule review. We felt we were close but decided to not do another run though we felt we could complete the scenario in one or two more runs. Having gotten used to the flow of the game, we figured the next runs might take 60 minutes to complete.

So for each run, the 60 to 90 minutes would seem reasonable and depending on what choices you make or how well you get through some obstacles, you probably will need 2 to 3 runs to complete the whole scenario which would then be about 3 to 5 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took us a full three runs plus extra time (there is no time limit on the third run but you get a lower score the longer you take). In total Asylum took us about four hours to finish and we got a very low score. Next time we play a scenario we will definitely have pen and paper for notes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
60-90 minutes is realistic per "run".

I presume the 4-5 hours quoted were for multiple runs required to complete one story, which for the story included with the base box, also seems reasonable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
B├╝ckeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
our first complete run of asylum took around 5 hours.
so 4-5 hours should fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sat through it with three group and they all took about three and a half hours to complete Asylum. (It's funny too because all three groups made mostly the same mistakes on all the puzzles and choices and red herrings. Nobody "Aced" this adventure. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.