Subject: How to get figures back from sieged trees? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K AM
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

The rules do not allow you to use a siege mission from other locations (just home tree), but you can transport small figures by Bird (as you note), and also by Leaf Transport if the scenario has them on the location you are at.

Large ground figures cannot do that however. So, this is something you need to consider in all of your strategies. Holding some units in reserve is a good option to consider.

KAM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
What a novel idea, a force in reserve!

LOL!!!

I am not taking a shot at the OP, only myself here, as I had the same question in my recent play and realized I had no defense in my home base!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When you commit your troops to a siege, they are primarily being sent to destroy the enemy nest. If your plans change and you no longer want those troops committed to the enemy tree, you can use leaves, or bird transport to move them off the enemy tree. Most of the time, they become casualties and the use of cheese to bring them back via revive allows them to return to duty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
me myself
msg tools
mb
Gotta say, it would be nice if there was some way to get figures back out of the tree. They got up there somehow on the siege mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
redtiger7 wrote:
Gotta say, it would be nice if there was some way to get figures back out of the tree. They got up there somehow on the siege mission.
You will find out through play that you rarely need to bring troops back once you send them on a seige. But, if you need them, either start using the leaf rules and have them steal an enemy leaf and float back. Alternatively, you can always designate the special mission as a recall mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
PoznaƄ
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
jwreschnig wrote:

We just played the first scenario and by the third round we had basically just swapped trees and were rolling off full attacks for whose nest was destroyed first. Since it would take a bird two turns to get back, and the ground units never could, it seemed like it didn't pay to even bother with defense at that point.

I must say, that we played first scenario the same way :) When you look at it, it feels like it's the most hassle-free to win. In essence, birds feel somewhat clunky and less powerful for this purpose. Sure, it's probably a mindset, but we laughed about that troops exchange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.