Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quickie:

I've had this title on my wishlist for ages, and I already know it is a pretty decent (though perhaps not great) title with two. I know many recommend adding a 4th phase, and am even aware Rahdo has an ancient Run Through available to watch.

My question is this: I'm looking to purchase a euro that offers fairly strong 2 player play, variability between sessions (in strategy / path to success), and is something that won't get stale after a handful of plays.

Is that this title?

In other words, I know it is ok with 2, but is it good enough to purchase for almost 100% 2 player only interaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
CO2 is fantastic, and fine with 2, but much better with 3-4. I would say that Vinhos and Kanban would fit your bill. Something like Agricola seems to be the poster child for what you are looking for. Infinite replay-ability, and great with 2.

There are also some Euro-ish war games that might work for you. Polis jumps to mind, but there are many others that walk that line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
I play this game almost only 2-player with my wife (like a great deal of men here) and this was actually one of our first board games. I highly recommend it for 2 players.

It doesn't matter how may players you have around this game, it is always varied. we have played the game countless times and it is always different because of the summit always being different, the different starting plants in each region, the regions demands, the different cards you have in your hand.

I thought it was tough to learn playing it because there a re A LOT of rules and moving pieces and the rule book is atrocious but there are videos on youtube (by the designer himself and Rahdo) + great user-made files in the file section of BGG that will make it easy for you to learn. This game is he reason why I joined BGG as I wanted to get the files to learn to play the game.

I think it is a great game and it sits high on my shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.