Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Leest
Belgium
Leuven
Flemish-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a quick question regarding the telephone markers. When you weasel in on a card by using a telephone marker, the rules tell you to discard your marker. Is this marker lost for the rest of the game, or do you regain it in the next life-phase (its never stated in the rules as far as I can see)?

Secondly, I haven't seen a satisfactory answer for the enigma that is the 'make a connection' card in the English version of the game. Apologies if there actually has been one (which I obviously missed in that case ).
See, I have the Dutch version of the game and the card is slightly different there. Instead of reading [req: friend (A) eff: love (A)(*) + gain a smoke; (*) = must be a new friend] it says [req: friend (A) eff: love (A)(*) + gain a smoke; (*) = must be a new partner]. So in the Dutch version you have to take an existing friend of yours with you, but it should be someone with whom you haven't got any kind of other relation (in love, engaged, married, happily married or any kind of ex) than normal friendship yet. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Orleans
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Quick question + possible solution 'make a connection' c
Yes, once you play a phone marker it is gone for the rest of the game.

Thanks for that bit of information about the Dutch version of "Make a connection". That makes much more sense than the English version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Astyaro
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Quick question + possible solution 'make a connection' c
Hi:
We play the "Make a conection" Card this way :
You take "Friend A" along with you to the event, both meet a new friend and "Friend A" starts a love relationship with the New Friend. Everyone smokes.

Hope this makes sence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cleared up in an earlier post. The card should read 'New Partner', not 'New Friend' ... ie, it does not allow the increasing of a relationship, only the starting of a new one.

-Munch "after owning the game for several years, finally played it tonight .. and it looks like we got most of the rules correct" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.