dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
So over 90% of the votes say "not recommended with more than 5. Is that just because the game is only intended for up to 5 or is it actualyl really bad if you try and include a 6th player?

Just asking because i haven't played yet and was going to play it for the first time this week with a group of 6.

any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Aceves
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it with 6 and is fine, the only problem is that there are not enough cards for everyone to be the sheriff twice, so the game ends with one or two people only being the sheriff once.

Also since there are only 5 bags and playmats, the person being the sheriff needs to lend his/her bag to the one that doesn't have a mat and can be a bit confusing.

The game is still fun to play though and the difference in points at the end is not that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHBfXENnlI

Tom Vasel says there will be a 6P added for the expansion. There will also be laws and the Sheriff can decide whether to keep or change them. The expansion will be modular.

(If this info has already been posted or a name for the expansion has been given, forgive me and please link me. It is new to me.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game we tried playing with 6. Halfway through our 2nd rounds as Sheriffs, we were virtually out of legal cards, and almost everyone had full hands of contraband, making it super-easy for the Sheriff.

If you play with more than 6 it's very playable--just make one full round as Sheriff and add up your scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Loogman
Canada
flag msg tools
For the lack of cards problem Could you just reshuffle the discarded cards in game and place 5 on each side and continue the game. All that discarded contraband would peak it's face back but it seems like a good enough solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MillionsOfBees wrote:
For the lack of cards problem Could you just reshuffle the discarded cards in game and place 5 on each side and continue the game. All that discarded contraband would peak it's face back but it seems like a good enough solution.
That's how we play. But I usually warn players that late-game cards are mostly contraband and they should plan to get their King/Queen bonuses earlier rather than later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.