10 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Shuttles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the offloading action confuses me, I need some clarification. When I offload from the shuttlecraft I need to exchange for the same icon ie: captain for captain, crew for crew, and so on. Can I offload a card from the shuttle and not exchange it, for example offload a weapon from the Delta Flyer but not exchange it with a weapon card from the docking ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you offload from the shuttle you must have an open slot to receive whatever your putting on that ship. If you don't have an open slot you must exchange something. Both the shuttle and the ship must have legal slots available for whatever they exchange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that may be throwing you is that you do always have to exchange captain for captain, but that's just because you can't leave one ship with no captains and the other with two. (If it helps, you can think of each ship as having one "captain slot.")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Elite talents. Can the captain from the shuttle have an elite talent still be switched for a captian from the docked ship without an elite talent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I think there are still questions very much in the air as to how to handle a lot of the docking operations. I have not had a shuttle questioned answered in months so I feel like it is being actively avoided by the rules forum. That being said it has been ruled be inclusively that a captain and his elite talent must travel together, or at least to an open elite talent slot. So if you transfer Etalent Captain for a Non-Etalent Captain the elite talent must also go, and visa versa.

I also thought this had been explicitly answered as it regards shuttles but could not find the reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When starting a shuttle build should I build the dreadnaught first then break it down into the shuttle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
neillramsey wrote:
What about Elite talents. Can the captain from the shuttle have an elite talent still be switched for a captian from the docked ship without an elite talent?

I had the following question denied by WORF, but they answered it in a PM on the WORF forums, which I thought was weird.

Here's the question:
Quote:
Shuttlecraft Reference wrote:
ACTION: Remove a Captain and/or any number of Upgrades from beneath your shuttlecraft’s Ship Card and assign them to the docking ship. Then remove a Captain and/or any number of Upgrades from the docking ship and place them beneath your shuttlecraft’s Ship Card. Both ships must still have a Captain, and all Upgrade restrictions still apply.

If an Elite Talent Upgrade has been purchased for a shuttlecraft and assigned to the Captain on that shuttlecraft, can that Elite Talent Upgrade move to the docking ship when the shuttlecraft's Captain is moved to the docking ship?

And the answer:
Quote:
An Elite Talent Upgrade is an Upgrade and may be moved when you move upgrades.

So I took that to mean that, yes, the ET will move with the Captain from the Shuttle, and the original Captain on the docking ship does not need to have an ET slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the upshot of all this is just that it needs to be a legal deployment. You can move a talent as long as the destination ship has a slot.

So if you have Picard with Engage on the shuttle, and Kirk with an empty talent slot on the capital ship, you could give Kirk Engage, or swap Kirk and Picard and either move Engage with Picard or leave it on the shuttle with Kirk.
If, on the other hand, you have Terrell on the capital ship, then if you want to move Engage, Picard has to come with it (and vice versa); Terrell doesn't provide a talent slot, so he can't end up on whichever ship the talent ends up on.

(It gets a little more complicated when Fleet Captains and Garak enter the picture, but apart from that it's just like evaluating the other slots, except that these ones move.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neill ramsey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll ask again, when starting a shuttle build, should I start with the parent ship as I want it to be then break down the pieces to the shuttle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neillramsey wrote:
I'll ask again, when starting a shuttle build, should I start with the parent ship as I want it to be then break down the pieces to the shuttle?

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to go about it. Whatever works for you.

Remember, if you do it the way you suggest, bonus slots provided by cards must be filled during the gather forces step, they can't be filled after docking a shuttle.

I usually form a basic idea of how I want my dreadnaught to perform. Then I build the 50 point starting version of it. After that I start working out my secondary attacker and shuttle builds. During this process I frequently change cards in my 50 point ship. Eventually, I end up with the build I want or as close to it as I can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.