Subject: Deathspur vs Void Mine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Bowers
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a situation I came up with tonight: If a void mine sits in the back, and a Deathspur pops up. Deathspur reads "This enemy fights the last troop in lane instead of the first. If this enemy survives a combat, immediately discard it and deal the base 6 damage."

Does tripping over a void mine count as "a combat" in this regard?

This is what the FAQ reads:
Quote:
Q: How does the DEATHSPUR work?
A: It attacks the last Troop in lane. If, after 1 round of combat, it is still alive (regardless if the Troop is alive or dead), it is discarded and the base suffers 6 damage.

Since I could find other answered questions concerning Void Mines counting as troops against things that specifically damage 'troops', I'm leaning yes..... but the Deathspur doesn't specifically mention troops in its text.

A much appreciated pre-thank you for any clarification in this matter!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ also reads:
Quote:
Q: Can the BUTCHER ever trigger a VOID MINE?

A: Yes, the text can be misleading, but a Void Mine should be treated as a Troop for all purposes.

Not the correct enemy but it does say that the void mine should be treated as a troop at all times. The void mine has to be damaged to trigger so you would have to go through the combat step, after which if the deathspur survived it would damage the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Void Mine {2}: Place this card in a zone (it can be occupied). When this card, or a troop in its zone, is damaged, deal the enemy, and any troop in this zone, 4 damage, and then discard this card.
Deathspur [6/6] - This enemy fights the last troop in lane instead of the first. If this enemy survives a combat, immediately discard it and deal the base 6 damage.

Void Mine explodes when it takes damage. The only way the Deathspur can deal damage to a Void Mine is through combat. So yes, that's a combat, and if the Deathspur survives the 4 damage from the Void Mine, it will be discarded and deal 6 to the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.