Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard Cards - No Spoilers from me rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Weber
United States
Coal Valley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I really just love games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can players discard cards whenever they want? I won't discuss strategies to keep from spoiling anything...

As I read through the rulebook I see players must discard when over 7. I also don't see discarding cards listed anywhere else or as an action.

My assumption is no, which is how I played.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jackson
Australia
flag msg tools
Unfortunately not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Tadley
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
webs05 wrote:
Can players discard cards whenever they want? I won't discuss strategies to keep from spoiling anything...

As I read through the rulebook I see players must discard when over 7. I also don't see discarding cards listed anywhere else or as an action.

My assumption is no, which is how I played.


The Construct a building, direct and charter flight actions also involve discarding a card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Weber
United States
Coal Valley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I really just love games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Riki39561 wrote:
webs05 wrote:
Can players discard cards whenever they want? I won't discuss strategies to keep from spoiling anything...

As I read through the rulebook I see players must discard when over 7. I also don't see discarding cards listed anywhere else or as an action.

My assumption is no, which is how I played.


The Construct a building, direct and charter flight actions also involve discarding a card.


Right, I meant outside of these. Such as can a player just randomly discard a card. Which I'm thinking no at this point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Tadley
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
webs05 wrote:
Riki39561 wrote:
webs05 wrote:
Can players discard cards whenever they want? I won't discuss strategies to keep from spoiling anything...

As I read through the rulebook I see players must discard when over 7. I also don't see discarding cards listed anywhere else or as an action.

My assumption is no, which is how I played.


The Construct a building, direct and charter flight actions also involve discarding a card.


Right, I meant outside of these. Such as can a player just randomly discard a card. Which I'm thinking no at this point.


I would agree with your ruling.

It makes for some pretty interesting situations, You can spend an action to fly somewhere irrelevant, allowing you to ditch a card to your scientist, but that means leaving those three evil looking cubes on Hong Kong unchecked...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.