5 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement components available from Wizards of the Coast rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
If you need replacement parts for this game, you can get them from Wizards of the Coast. Their customer service number is 1-800-324-6496 (US/Canada) or 425-204-8069 (other).

My story:

Recently I acquired a gently used copy of Risk Legacy. It was part of the board games collection at a local after-school teens club where a friend works. It wasn't getting played because the kids weren't interested in it, so I asked my friend if it would be all right for me to take it home. I bought a copy of standard Risk and donated it to the club in exchange.

The box was opened but the game was in remarkably good shape. The components were all present, the sealed envelopes were undisturbed, and the board was untouched. All that was missing was the sticker sheet, no trace of which was to be seen except for a starting faction sticker that had been placed on each faction card. Clearly the kids in the club had opened the game, started exploring its components, and decided the game wasn't for them.

I emailed Hasbro customer support and was told, "Risk Legacy has been out of production for several years, and the label sheet is no longer available." I despaired.

Ebay didn't have any sticker sheets for sale, and BGG had several posts from other users with similar experience from Hasbro. But on reddit I found a thread that stated support for the game was now being handled by Wizards of the Coast instead of Hasbro proper. That gave me hope.

I called the customer service line and was connected to an agent who took my name and number. Shortly after that I received an email confirmation that my replacement part was in the mail and would arrive within 7-10 days.

I guess I probably should have held off on making this post until the stickers are confirmed to be in my hand, but I wanted to share this story of success right away and improve the search results for anyone else who might be in a similar situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wonder what they were talking about with the out of production line...they just had another print run earlier this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilNuff wrote:
I wonder what they were talking about with the out of production line...they just had another print run earlier this year.

A new print did appear to happen recently. That's when I got mine from CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
I guess I probably should have held off on making this post until the stickers are confirmed to be in my hand, but I wanted to share this story of success right away and improve the search results for anyone else who might be in a similar situation.

I knew I should have waited before posting!

A fist-sized package from WotC was waiting for me when I came home from work this evening. I assumed it was the replacement part, but it seemed oddly bulky for just a sticker sheet. So I opened it and found....

...five sealed envelopes
...three shrink-wrapped packs of cards
...a letter apologizing for the inconvenience of a defective product
...but no sticker sheet!

Nothing to complain about by any means, but still not part of the game I'm actually missing. I'll try calling again tomorrow to see if their generosity will extend to a second shipment.

(I'm not crazy, right? The list of components in the rulebook shows a sheet with stickers for cities, shields, and coins, which isn't in the box I have. Those stickers didn't get spread out onto separate cards in a later edition or something, did they?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Seymour
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Putting humans in charge of the earth, is the cosmic equivalence of letting Eddie Murphy direct.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get your sticker sheet, I will pay for you too ship all of that to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.