Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Rudisill
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4p game of Saboteur 2. We had the following roles in play: Saboteur, Boss, Geologist x2.

A Geologist ended up finishing the path (funny reason why, I'll explain further below). There were 4 or 5 crystals in play.

So, as I understand it:
The Geologists each get 2 points.
The Saboteur gets 0. (We reached the gold, therefore the Saboteur team loses.)
The Boss gets ???

Here's where I think the game potentially failed. "The Boss wins every time one of the teams wins." The Geologist completed the path, so the dwarves win. However, there were no green or blue teams in play.

Did the Boss score a solo victory or did he end up getting 0 points? Even if he scored a solo victory, he gets 1 point less than the other victors. The other victors got 0 points, so he'd get -1 point. I'm assuming the game doesn't actually want you to give up hard-earned victory points. Plus this was the first round, so he had none to give up. Basically, -1 victory points just sounds wrong, so I'm assuming it is. But I have no idea about the correct answer.

(Similar question, probably the same answer: the path winds through a green and blue door, so neither team can win. What does the Boss score then?)

Why the Geologist completed the path:

The Saboteur looked at location C and saw coal. She claimed gold was there. I was a Geologist and also peaked at the card. I, too, claimed gold even though it was coal. The other 2 players, upon hearing that the gold was there, believed that it was at location C. The other Geologist was impeding efforts to get there, and did so quite admirably (considering 2 other players weren't really trying to help out, either). So the path ended up near location A and he was thinking, "lol, I can connect it to this one and it'll be funny" and lo and behold, it was the gold. Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Moyersoen
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct answer is: the boss gets 4 points. He is a green AND blue dwarf.

Here is the "official" clarification:
If there are 2 blocking doors (green and blue), the boss and profiteer can win (together or alone). All the other gold-diggers have lost. If none of both is present, nobody wins.

If the boss wins alone, he gets 4 points. If the profiteer wins alone, he gets 3 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.