Subject: White Lion - Mood: Ground Fighting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Happy Wulf
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you deal with it? We had no ranged weapons, our Survivors didn't know how to run. Our only option was to throw ourselves at the Lion until we all died. When you attack it, it gets to attack back, and first, before your attack, with FOUR speed at level 1. So of course we got knocked down, which canceled the original attack, or outright killed, until we got wiped out. So what could we have done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
mbmbmbmbmb
You need bone darts... it's really priority 1 against the lion. Otherwise it's a carnage.
Interesting enough, once you have a decent ranged weapon, it's very easy to abuse Ground Fighting. I had the hunt event that sets this mood in place before the showdown, then I had all the time in the world to collect resources from random terrain and to position my survivors for an alpha attack. It's just a matter o hitting and damaging with the ranged weapon in your first attack and then closing in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep there's a quick lesson for you that you really need a bow or spear (or darts) as soon as you can. As jffalaschi said, once you do have something then ground fighting is a really nice card to have come up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Downey
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you notice, you start with 4 cards that defeat ground fighting. The founding stone can be thrown from anywhere on the board, automatically hits, and automatically crits. This is a surefire way of removing ground fighting. Assuming of course you don't hit the impervious mane or the trap. However, you do have 4 of them just in case. Better than everyone dying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said, you need a Ranged weapon of some sort. Bone Darts, Cat Gut Bow and/or Founding Stone all work fine against it. The plus side of getting Ground Fighting out is that you get all the time in the world to re-position your survivors and to gather resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Downey
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
As others have said, you need a Ranged weapon of some sort. Bone Darts, Cat Gut Bow and/or Founding Stone all work fine against it. The plus side of getting Ground Fighting out is that you get all the time in the world to re-position your survivors and to gather resources.

Absolutely This! We love ground fighting. It is probably our favorite hunt card besides the baby lion. It give us time to use our lion's eye circlet, frenzy drinks, rawhide headband and gather any environment cards. Then we set up around the lion, slap him with something like a spear or ranged weapon and proceed to trounce him usually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I hated ground fighting in my first proper hunt.

The cards were harsh to me. I'm only got one boken in all 8 cards.

Decided to build a bone sword for my survivor who threw their stone in the prologue. So no innovations, no bone darts.

First hunt card, lion starts with ground fighting in play.

Had to burn a second founding stone that fight.

Now my party always leaves home with either a bow or reach weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.