Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there's been some talk about the waiting time for shipments of Leaving Earth. I ordered mine some time around September 20, and got mine yesterday. Joe's been great with keeping me up to date on the status of my copy when I've sent him questions. The game looks fantastic, and I'm not done reading it all yet, but I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the rulebook. I have no idea if I'll be able to learn the game from it (I'm notoriously bad at learning games), but I'm actually enjoying the reading.

I suspect it will all have been well worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i got mine yesterday as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever get a shipping notice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine as well and received no shipping notice. The game does look cool. Looking forward to getting it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps my recent order squeaked in. Or it'll be another 3 weeks. I'll know more this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still replying to all the emails asking for status today, but in the meantime, here's an important thing to know: we're making and shipping games continuously at the moment.

The first printing was for a few hundred games -- we made them, packed them, and shipped them. The second printing is ongoing -- we're continuously making them, packing them, and shipping them.

So the delay right now is just due to how long it takes to make products and fill orders already in the queue. Since we make everything ourselves at our shop in California, we're never waiting for a shipment from China or anything like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
No shipping notice.

I was very excited to get the game. I have to say, I love the rulebook. It's a beautiful game. I can't wait to give it a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt Rackar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm disappointed, this game is not send in france. We must buy it on Lumenaris site for 34,95 $ + 59,28 $ for shipping !!!

94,23 $ for this game without the expansion is too expensive
I'm waiting for a correct price...

Why this shipping cost ? I bought another game in US shop for a shipping cost of only 15 $ (in a bigger box). I don't understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rackar, a lot of US companies only use tracked shipping now, I believe after a lot of shipments went missing. Which means USPS, and very high prices for small shipments.

Please see the various threads about EU bulk orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Koehler
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered mine on September 30th and just got my copy today on the 29th. I haven't played it yet but the cards and wooden components look great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post is just for info and means nothing more. It's currently a 4 week turnaround between order received and order delivered. If you have a my.usps.com account it'll populate with the tracking info out of Morgan Hill, which is where Lumenaris is. If you want any sort of notice, make a usps account.

Order processed and billed: 10/20
Leaving Morgan Hill: 11/10
Estimated arrival: 11/16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
So a month is normal? Good. I ordered a copy exactly one month ago, October 12 (earlier actually, that was the day I got my invoice) and I haven't seen it yet. Getting anxious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
So a month is normal? Good. I ordered a copy exactly one month ago, October 12 (earlier actually, that was the day I got my invoice) and I haven't seen it yet. Getting anxious.

At that time, it was 4-6 weeks if I recall.

Joe said they were catching up on orders to reduce the delay, but I'm guessing that the surging popularity of the game (and the publisher's production limits) will continue to necessitate patience.

It will be worth the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:
DaveyJJ wrote:

At that time, it was 4-6 weeks if I recall.

Joe said they were catching up on orders to reduce the delay, but I'm guessing that the surging popularity of the game (and the publisher's production limits) will continue to necessitate patience.

It will be worth the wait.

Agreed. Expect it to arrive within 8 weeks just to be safe and avoid frustration. But it will come. And it is a very nice little package, well worth the price and the wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we're still printing and shipping as fast as we can, so the "second printing" has grown into just one long continuous effort. Copies are going out the door as soon as they're ready, and it's first-in-first-out to be as fair as we can to everyone.

(And if you're one of the great many people who's emailed/messaged me in the past few days, I'm still working through all the messages, but I will respond to you.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Great War Commander, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander Europe, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Combat Commander Pacific
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Joe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The downside of seeing your package roam around is it does dumb things, like sit in Southern California for 5 days when it should have traveled north. San Jose and Oakland are a lot closer to the Gilroy area than Los Angeles county is. I've driven both. I don't think the Monday estimate is going to be accurate given I'm in northern Washington state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
Blue Tent
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we had one shipment that USPS sent all the way from California to Virginia, then brought it back to Ohio, then eventually delivered it to the customer in (I think) North Carolina. I assume hope they have a good plausible reason for doing such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buffalohat wrote:
Yeah, we had one shipment that USPS sent all the way from California to Virginia, then brought it back to Ohio, then eventually delivered it to the customer in (I think) North Carolina. I assume hope they have a good plausible reason for doing such things.

a fly-by to get the slingshot effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave in Ledbury wrote:
buffalohat wrote:

a fly-by to get the slingshot effect?

haha, classic! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had UPS ship to Montana from SoCal, from a location 4 hours away from my home. It sat in Montana for a week.

It turns out USPS hadn't posted the out from LA but did post from Federal Way, WA. So I got it today. Yay. I'm very glad you have almost an inch of padding because such a small box at the weight it is means the edges get dinged but the game does not. One corner of the package was smashed in, which had me worried and I took a photo, but the game was okay inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived yesterday and I was blown away by the quality of the components and the care taken to get them all into that little box. Rules halfway done ... I had my weekly game of Combat Commander last night but now it's set up on the table and my math-genius son and I should have a go in the next day or two. Excellent product, Joe, I'm really pleased. Mercury mini expansion order in a day or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.