Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The golden fans tokens are introduced in the components review (p. 12) without really saying what they are used for. The only clue I can decipher is through working through the example on pages 33-35 (using "Mark of Zorro" as the movie). It says the Golden token is assigned after being drawn from the container along with four other tokens (top p. 34) but doesn't say where. So, three related questions here.

1. Am I correct in assuming that the golden token is assigned based on one of the gold stars on the actors/actresses in the movie, something which is implied but not explicitly stated?

2. Then am I also correct that assignment of the remaining tokens are based on the movie Script card's audience rating stars plus any bonus from event cards and/or CBS actions?

and, finally

3. Am I correct that other stars on the actor/actress cards (assuming they are cast in that genre of movie) are not eligible to receive a token, and this includes red stars for character actors (these are used to determine Supporting Actor Oscar winners and for no other purpose)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manlio Zaninotti
Italy
Udine
Udine
flag msg tools
designer
Hello John
Thank you for reporting
We are trying to improve the shortcomings of the manual and integrate it with all your observation.
We publish soon the FAQ.

1) Yes, the token with the golden ticket, you assign to the golden stars of the actors/actresses. Tickets are sold to fans who go to the movies just to see their favorite star.

2) It is correct your interpretation

3) Again, your interpretation is correct. Golden stars on the cards are used to call up additional public actor, the black card director to fish out any token not assigned, the blue, green and red only to improve the chances of winning the Oscar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.