Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "mystery box" seems really gimmicky to me.

I admit, if it was definitely going to include figures, I'd actually think it was kind of cool. Getting surprises is fun...as long as the surprise is something you'd want.

But with no idea of what it is...could be something I'd find utterly useless like an art book.

What does anyone else think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
The "mystery box" seems really gimmicky to me.

I admit, if it was definitely going to include figures, I'd actually think it was kind of cool. Getting surprises is fun...as long as the surprise is something you'd want.

But with no idea of what it is...could be something I'd find utterly useless like an art book.

What does anyone else think?

No idea. Perhaps some leftovers from their previous KickStarter. Like Goldilocks and Dokubaba or Rosamu with character cards? Or some zombies from Zpocalypse?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like surprises, $15 on top of a $100(+) investment is no big deal to me. At worst, you bought a feeling of suspense and wonder for several months. And it could be amazing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_steve_dillon wrote:
If you like surprises, $15 on top of a $100(+) investment is no big deal to me. At worst, you bought a feeling of suspense and wonder for several months. And it could be amazing

Like I said, with some assurance that its actually game content, I'd go from "this is crap" to "wooo, cool!"

I'm just kinda worried based on what I've heard about past mystery box deals that it might very well be crap. Perhaps literally!*

(*That's a joke reference...there was this thing...ah, never mind, I'm sure someone else can explain it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dillon
United States
Spring Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm a zen hippie, but even if it is total garbage, spending $15 for a sense of anticipation and wonder is totally worth it to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/28
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_steve_dillon wrote:
Maybe I'm a zen hippie, but even if it is total garbage, spending $15 for a sense of anticipation and wonder is totally worth it to me.

thumbsup The creators seem to have been having fun with the project, so I'm hoping this is a way for them to do something fun and creative that they do not have time to figure out right before the project ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
dr_steve_dillon wrote:

Like I said, with some assurance that its actually game content, I'd go from "this is crap" to "wooo, cool!"

I'm just kinda worried based on what I've heard about past mystery box deals that it might very well be crap. Perhaps literally!*

(*That's a joke reference...there was this thing...ah, never mind, I'm sure someone else can explain it).

I would love it if it were some kind of Crap Monster...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The box will contain what is behind curtain number one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the way this campaign was run, and the suspense is too much, I'm getting the mystery box (i agree with the others, an extra 15 on top of the 150+ bucks is worth the risk, IMHO)

Plus the mystery box could be anything.... it could even be a boat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will likely get a box and if it is a Crap Monster (aka, Chet from Weird Science), I will make a crap monster in my pants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian short
United Kingdom
Newcastle
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is the first thing I've ever backed on kickstarter.
How do I get add ons like the mystery box?

I reckon it'll be a jester in the box, as a new character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mulletcheese wrote:
This is the first thing I've ever backed on kickstarter.
How do I get add ons like the mystery box?

Ian,

If you want to adjust your pledge before the KS ends, click on the Manage button next to your pledge level. Then keep the radio button selection for reward on the same reward, but increase your pledge level to include whatever add-ons you want. You won't select the add-ons at this time.

After the KS ends (often not until a few weeks or longer afterward) they will send out a form* where you can select exactly which add-ons you want. You can also add more money at that point to pick new add-ons, but obviously at that point it will be too late for the money to count towards stretch goals.

* Some campaigns will send out both a 'survey', where you just tell them what you want but do not spend any money at that time and later a 'pledge manager' where you actually officially select your rewards and add more money. In this case, the survey is not binding; it just gives them an idea of what sort of volume of add-ons to expect. Some campaigns just do the pledge manager, which might instead be called something else (like a Backerkit), depending on the project. But the overall format is the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick blain
msg tools
mbmbmb
Well....I've been told it's not a crap monster (sorry friends), and it will be totally cool and directly related to Folklore and not leftovers from another project!

Cheerz,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why it's "Limit 2 per pledge"? Will it be something we might want duplicates of? Or are they trying to limit Speculators and reselling on eBay?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Licious
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I wonder why it's "Limit 2 per pledge"? Will it be something we might want duplicates of? Or are they trying to limit Speculators and reselling on eBay?

-shnar

It's going to be so cool that people who missed out on it will really want one! But, they don't want one guy buying 100 to resell on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
ELicious wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

It's going to be so cool that people who missed out on it will really want one! But, they don't want one guy buying 100 to resell on eBay.

It doesn't say kickstarter exclusive so chances are that you can buy it later .. perhaps as part of an expansion, or as add-on ..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_steve_dillon wrote:

What about the $299 pledge with shipping included? Will the mystery box be shipped freely as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
dr_steve_dillon wrote:

What about the $299 pledge with shipping included? Will the mystery box be shipped freely as well?

Yes, add-ons to the premier level will ship free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbrua wrote:
dr_steve_dillon wrote:

thumbsup The creators seem to have been having fun with the project, so I'm hoping this is a way for them to do something fun and creative that they do not have time to figure out right before the project ends.

Sigh...well, you sold me on one. But if it winds up being a box of manure, I'm sending it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note to self: house rule "crap monster" with "turdling" minions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a headless horseman figure in the mystery box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
I'd like to see a headless horseman figure in the mystery box.

Based on their other minis so far, if they put just about ANY mini in the box it will be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_steve_dillon wrote:

I like the way you think. It's like making Christmas Christmasier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
ELicious wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

It doesn't say kickstarter exclusive so chances are that you can buy it later .. perhaps as part of an expansion, or as add-on ..

Don't bet on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lilbandit74 wrote:
I will likely get a box and if it is a Crap Monster (aka, Chet from Weird Science), I will make a crap monster in my pants.

Cool!!! I'd like to see thatshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.