Subject: Top 3 BEST Special Abilities WotC Era rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
Looking for a wide variety of input. What do you consider the top 3 best Special Abilities for the WotC era of Star Wars Miniatures(2004-2010), after your years of trial and error. We all have opinions from our many experiences, hence I'm not looking for an article on the best for the game, rather what you find works best for your personal type of play.

SA's to choose from include:
~ Accurate Shot
~ Master Tactician
~ Shields 10/20
~ Soresu Style Mastery
~ Quadruple Attack
~ Regeneration 10/20
~ Stealth
~ Booming Voice

Among others...

Hoping to get enough buzz going to start a poll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil J.
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From your list, my vote would be Booming Voice and Soresu Style Mastery, and I would also include Twin Attack. Stealth is also powerful, but a lot of abilities were added later in the series to counter this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta include Strafe/Galloping Attack, and Greater Mobile Attack in that list. So broken.

Also, Levitation 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G F
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Tow Cable (on R2 Astromech)

Initiative Controlling Abilities - Master Tactician, Tactics Broker, Never Tell Me The Odds, and San Hill's reserves on a 1.

Reinforcements 20 (on Lobot)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
Remember, Special Abilities only. Force Powers coming in a later thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Accurate Shot is strong, even more so when people say Stealth is strong, which Accurate Shot ignores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in a few years but I always liked Cunning Attack and Jedi Hunter for when my wife played all those jedi from the republic.

But from the list accurate shot was nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McGlade
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My top three would be:

3. Reserves/Reinforcements: It's always a great thing when you get to bring in new characters after a good roll with Reserves and getting two or more figures for the price of one with Reinforcements is THE BEST!

2. Cloaked: Because "Super Stealth" needed a keyword. I have a love-hate relationship with Cloaked; it's an obnoxiously powerful ability that ignores 'Force Sense', but the figures that have it are fair and balanced.

1. Auto Damage, No Save abilities and force powers; specifically, 'Force Push 4': Near the end of WotC's run with SWMs, GenObi was the most over-hyped, over-used figure the game had ever seen. With 'Soresu Style Mastery', he took no damage from attacks on a save of 11, *spend a force point* 7, *spend a force point* or 3. And because of this, people creamed their pants and all used him. And in that world, someone had to stop this injustice ... and with Luke Hoth Pilot by my side, I would be that someone. Smacking around GenObi was satisfying; the fact that he was on the team of the smug punk who used to terrorize our store made it even more satisfying.

Man, good times ...

~Zuty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.