Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game and look forward to years of play, but I hate that some of the cards have been updated and I can't replace my existing cards. I don't feel right about taking a sharpie to my current cards and I don't think that self printing new cards will give a perfect match to the original cards. Myself and I'm sure many others would be willing to pay a small fee to get replacements. Even having them sold at BGG store would be a good option. Or include them in a future expansion. Support your fans and we will continue to support you. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Rickett
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the motion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or at least post paste-ups that we can print up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Cutler
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/124034/imperial-settlers-e...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duncanid wrote:

Still no card backs... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:
I really like this game and look forward to years of play, but I hate that some of the cards have been updated and I can't replace my existing cards. I don't feel right about taking a sharpie to my current cards and I don't think that self printing new cards will give a perfect match to the original cards. Myself and I'm sure many others would be willing to pay a small fee to get replacements. Even having them sold at BGG store would be a good option. Or include them in a future expansion. Support your fans and we will continue to support you. Thanks.

I also second this motion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koolin
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iavor Ianakiev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:

+1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good enough to make paste-ups with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I had emailed Chevee Dodd about replacement cards, and this was the response I received:

"We have no current plans to reprint the cards.
Thanks."

Doesn't sound too promising. I understand that there is a cost associated with reprinting cards but it would seem that adding them to a future expansion or selling them to offset the cost must be somehow feasible. If anyone is going to get replacement cards printed that will be of similar quality to the originals, please let me know so maybe I can piggy back with someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Gielewski
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
or kickstarter.com (wspieram.to) ? What do you think Ignacy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna A.
Poland
Piotrków Tryb.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:

YES! YES! Include to future expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We will publish paste-ups so you can print them and add to cards.

We will add card backs as well next week.

If there is chance in a future to print such cards, we will do, but this is technically very difficult - manufacturer can not produce 50 or 100 sets of cards for gamers who are interested in updating their deck with errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that may be late to the party, is there a collection of errata, that can be linked?

Is any of the errata effecting gameplay, significantly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's linked above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
If enough of us dream, if a bare thousand of us dream, we can change the world. We can dream it anew!
badge
It is sometimes a mistake to climb, it is always a mistake never even to make the attempt.
mbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a late comer to IS and my copy has yet to arrive (held up by Atlanteans pre-order). Any chance my printing will have the errata already on the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

If there is chance in a future to print such cards, we will do, but this is technically very difficult - manufacturer can not produce 50 or 100 sets of cards for gamers who are interested in updating their deck with errata.

The changes don't seem too bad, but is there a way to include errata'd cards in future expansions? I know there was initially plans for a number of them--and I don't know how that's panning out--but being able to print them in a larger box expansion might be easier for everyone, assuming Portal reprints the base game and can run off extra copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna A.
Poland
Piotrków Tryb.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could put the new cards in an future expansion (every copy of the axpansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really surprised that errata cards are not being made available. Portal is releasing multiple promos for multiple games and there's a demand for errata cards. Printing them out yourself is a bad way of doing it.

I'm actually considering dropping off Imperial Settlers train anyway and instead will wait for Remastered 51st State big-box thingie, which I actually like more - even if it is a little more complicated in comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steel Whisper
Netherlands
Weesp
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put them in the next Wcwbf expansion and everyone is happy. Every IS fan will buy that anyway (like me!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Keates
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bleh, looks like my copy has the incorrect cards

Really hope to see these updated cards in an expansion or something soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne r
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen other companies use an expansion to include errata cards. Catan card game did this.

Anyway, examined my copy of the game and was happy to find that I got the updated box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
trzewik wrote:

Have the backs been posted yet as I am looking to print these cards via printer studio soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
trzewik wrote:

Please include them in the new expansion it's only fair
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.