Popular Tags: [View All]
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we know about four scenarios so far... The base game Asylum, the Marcy Case, and one in ancient Egypt, and a medieval fantasy one, but what would you like to see after that?

Personally, I'd like to see:

A 30s noir/detective story in black and white, Bogart/Marlowe/Sam Spade/Maltese Falcon style.

A James Bond, secret agent story, 60s Sean Connery style.

A Sherlock Holmes case.

One with early, primitive humans/humanoids/hominids.

A 70s disaster movie scenario.

A post apocalyptic/Mad Max scenario.

Something like Edge of Tomorrow.

Or Groundhog Day.

And many more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very eurocentric list.

History is a big place, mate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon H.
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthulu/Zombies on a Train....

...Just kidding, but a Cthulu one would be neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Bückeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
just kidding
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Grail, Templar stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to stories with moral dilemmas. Especially since we (players as timeagents) are far more liberal than people from previous centuries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberpunk scenario. Something in the future relative to us, but it would be the past for the T.I.M.E. Agents. Or maybe even something playing in the far future.
EDIT: How could I forget: Medieval Japan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Very eurocentric list.

So you couldn't come up with one, single idea for somthing you'd like to see, and instead decided to deride mine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the early humans scenario idea has some great potential. Having the receptacles be pre homo sapiens might make them more difficult for the time agents to understand and control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jtspecial wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:
Very eurocentric list.

So you couldn't come up with one, single idea for somthing you'd like to see, and instead decided to deride mine...

Thing is, if I'm happy to be in an Asylum in 1920, or a [REDACTED] outbreak in the 1990s, I'm happy to be anywhere.

And, per my criticism, I think you can tell where I'd like to be (somewhere non-eurocentric), which is really most of time and space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for the hidden traitor scenarios...whenever they're coming (but we know they are).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Rahdo mentioned that an Egyptian archeological dig was the theme of an upcoming scenario. That sounds like an awesome theme. I'm definitely looking forward to that one!

The OP had some great suggestions. I'd love to see a secret agent story and a noir detective story, especially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
Everything in this thread to be honest, I'm not picky.
I'm not sure about the upcoming medieval fantasy though. In Doctor Who those episodes are the worst at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love ancient history so I'm stoked about the Egypt one.

The other idea about early humans sounds great. The party plays a group of Neanderthals, brilliant!

A Western would be cool, helping a Sheriff in a small desert town.

Or really crazy, you all play animals such as Dolphins in an undersea mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kill Hitler!
Oh, wait: http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3266
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many possibilities: pick any war, a Twelve Monkeys like scenario, alien invasion, a world where magic works, natural disasters, or just pick a page from Wikipedia and run with it.

I hope there are lots of stories from the designers and, once the mission kit is universally available, more from talented fans. And when that's done, let's see how a Legacy style story can be implemented so that if agents don't fix faults, permanent time ruptures occur, now rip up those card, reset the deck and open this new set of Base cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The beauty of this game is that every country has it's own history
that it likes to cover, as well as films, comics, etc ... so the world
is our oyster! Really looking forward to seeing what crops up!!! :o]

Disappointed that the English version of the scenario maker is not
showing up yet!?!?! ... Walts

PS: I luv all genre's and my fav film of all time is El Cid with
Charlton Heston & Sophia (top babe!) Loren ... Would be very
interested to see if someone could convert that storyline to
the games mechanics!? Crossroads to take, army battles,
leadership skills, charm, sword-play ... so much to build
on!
:o]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Cordovan
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a "Kiss the Girls" scenario (find the killer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the eurocentricity, or just turning to what to reasonably expect from the game expansions, I would guess that since the game designers, and in fact most of the people who will ever play the game are part of western culture, there are some genres and themes that will show up, and work well, because of the common cultural references, and some that won't... As in won't show up, and probably wouldn't work very well...

While it might theoretically be interesting to have an expansion based on and taking plae in eg precontact Maori myths and legends, it might be a little tough to get through since hints and references in the game would have little ressonance with the players. And if it was a really good scenario, it would take Maori social customs into account, and players would be hopelessly lost as to what would be socially acceptable behaviour by their current receptacle... (Or maybe I would feel right at home, because Maori felt exactly the same about social relations between men, women and children, and entering a priests hut without being invited, as 21st century danes... By the great Tahu bird, how would I know!?)

I would love to see a huge variety of different historical settings, real and alternative, but I'm guessing most of what we will see will be steeped in modern, western, Hollywood interpretations, and I'm also guessing there's a limited set of genres that will work with the game's structure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Poulpe
France
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Guys, I can't tell you anything, but some of the themes in this thread are spot on. Do you have a spy here at the office ? or use Auguries ? Time travel ?

Besides, the system has no real limit. We expect to see very story-oriented scenarios, originalities in mechanics, etc. And as the design kit will tell you soon... we're waiting for your scenarios too !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Poulpe wrote:
Guys, I can't tell you anything, but some of the themes in this thread are spot on. Do you have a spy here at the office ? or use Auguries ? Time travel ?

Besides, the system has no real limit. We expect to see very story-oriented scenarios, originalities in mechanics, etc. And as the design kit will tell you soon... we're waiting for your scenarios too !

Can't wait to read the design kit in english or german, my french is just too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Crane
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
Id like to see a cold war scenario, where the world is on the brink of nuclear war. You could have half the team in washington and the other half in moscow (though not sure how that would work ...)

An epidemic scenario (find patient zero etc)

Chasing a serial killer (like seven or silence of the lambs)

Cabin in the woods teen horror story

Save astronaughts lost in space.

Break into a vault

Maybe even a match making, rom-com type scenario

Man, when i think of how much potential the system has it kinda makes me mad that they went for such uninspired, standard boardgame settings for the first three (and $20 says the Egyptian scenario is a mummys curse thing ... sigh).

Honestly, they could just rip off any plot from quantum leap ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Leadbetter
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm thinking weightier material might be nice. Something along the lines of stop the organ theft ring. But what if their motives are altruistic.

Something that deals with human trafficking.

I also really want pirates but not the disney variety. Real ones attacking a cruise ship or major harbor.

I also think we need at least one connected mission. My idea for that would be a possesion and exorcism story were we have made people feel that they have been possessed and have to fix the problem before they do something drastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Landry
Canada
St Lazare
QC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
World War II scenario - Eastern/Western Front or Pacific
American Civil War
Titanic
Heart of Africa....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Schwieger
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest disappointment with T.I.M.E Stories so far is the reliance on the supernatural/fantastical. Therefore, I'm most interested in scenarios that deal with history beyond the art and the scene setting. And I really don't want to see Cthullhu anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.