Sir Gaulen de Loria
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay guys here are these questions:

1 - Movement is mandatory? I understand roll for movement is always a must but can I decide not to move if I don't want to? For example, roll to see if a get a grit and then stay where I was (movement 0).

2 - In the rulebook says in different situations "as long as there are no enemies on the board". Does this mean on the complete board with all the tiles or just the tile in question. Example: Enemies in a tile, can I go to other tile with no enemies to heal my friend without being adjacent to him (the condition to do this is no enemies on the board according to the rulebook)? Another example: suppose there's a tile with no enemies that wasn't scavenged. Can I go there to scavenge while the rest of my friends fight in other tile full of enemies?

3 - When healing others who gets the XP? Both of them, healer and healed, or only the one who is healing?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You always roll the dice for movement but are not required to move.

2. We treat no enemies as meaning no enemies on the same tile for scavenging, healing and trading items. If enemies share the tile then you have to be adjacent and can't scavenge at all.

3. The person doing the healing gets the XP.

- John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Gaulen de Loria
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you John. After carfully reading again the rulebook I have new comments:

1 - OK

2 - According to the rulebook you cannot scavenge while in a fight. So if one tile is full of enemies and another one is empty scavenge is not allowed in that empty tile because a fight is in progress. You cannot make room exploration for the same reason either.

The same happens with healing. The only way to heal other heroes during a fight is being adjacent to that other hero. If there is no fight (no enemies on the board) you can heal other hero being adjacent or just in the same map tile.

The same happens with trading. During a fight you can only trade being adjacent. If there is no fight (no enemies on the board) you can trade being adjacent or just in the same map tile.

This means that "no enemies on the board" means no enemies on the board at all. All the tiles must be empty of monsters for scavenging for example (and with no unrevealed exploration token of course).

3 - OK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Ychor wrote:
2. We treat no enemies as meaning no enemies on the same tile for scavenging, healing and trading items. If enemies share the tile then you have to be adjacent and can't scavenge at all.

This is wrong by the rules. While any enemies are on the map, even if there are none on your tile, you are still in a Fight and so can only trade adjacent, can't do either sort of search, etc. Even if they are in another world from you.

There are specific scenarios (Some of the Fixed Map ones) that allow scavenging if there are no enemies on your tile.

p19 wrote:

A Hero may transfer an Item (or Side Bag Token) to another Hero adjacent to them (or on the same Map Tile if there are no Enemies on the board)

It would say tile rather than board if it meant just the map tile you were on.
p27 wrote:

Once all of the Enemies on the board have been defeated, the Fight immediately ends and it is time for the Heroes to Catch Your Breath, Recover from being KO’d, and collect Loot for the Fight. This ends the current turn as well as the Fight itself.

Would have very odd results if you were correct in your interpretation there.
And contradict
p21 wrote:

These engagements are called Fights and cover the time from when Enemies appear until the last Enemy is defeated and the Fight is over.

for the other actions

p23 wrote:
As noted in the section on Hero Movement, Searching and Room Exploration may not be done during a Fight (this includes Scavenging as the Heroes are a little busy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.