Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is it possible for a creature to spawn outside the city under some conditions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edu Gon
msg tools
Hi,
Imagine a situation in which you only have, let's say 3 units in a temple and no units in your city. You also have in your reserve one creature (and the remaining units).
What happen if you play the DI card that allows you to put 2 soldiers from your reserve directly in a place, outside your city, in which you already have a soldier. Could you in that case place also your creature directly in the afforementioned temple with these 2 units?
I presume that the situation could be more frequent in the expansion (Ta-seti)as, if I'm not wrong one of the new black powers will allow you to place your recruited units not only in your city, but also in any space in which you already have at least one unit.

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edugon69 wrote:
Hi,
Could you in that case place also your creature directly in the afforementioned temple with these 2 units?

I would say no. At least, not according to the rulebook. The rulebook is very specific when it comes to where and when you can place creatures:

Kemet Rulebook wrote:
Page 7: The player can immediately put the creature down in one of his three city districts if he has at least one unit in this district.

And again for creatures when the troop they are with die off:

Kemet Rulebook wrote:
Page 7: A creature can never be destroyed. If the last unit with a creature is destroyed, the creature his immediately
put back in the city, on a district with at least one unit. If that is not possible, the creature is put back in the reserve, on its Power tile...

And finally:
Kemet Rulebook wrote:
Page 7: Creature in the reserve
A creature in the reserve will return to the board, in one of a player’s districts, when he uses the Recruit action.

Emphasis added.

Now, whether or not Ta-Seti has effects that allows one to break those rules, that will be interesting to find out!

Hope that helps,
~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Steve,
I've imagined that this was the answer, but it is great to have your confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.