Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Malcolm Corney
United Kingdom
Lisburn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought C & C Napoleonics recently. Unfortunately one of the unit sticker sheets was mis-cut and could not be used.

I contacted GMT and they replied within the day, apologising and stating a replacement part would be sent out (I described the part, quoted the part number and sent a photograph of damaged part).

So today my package arrived and guess what?

They sent me an extra terrain tile sheet as an apology but NO replacement sticker sheet!

What irony!

Sorry and here are some more parts you can't use.

P.S. I had sent an email to GMT customer service before I posted this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Grrr
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT customer support is excellent, guess you are just one of the small number of human errors that happens. I have no doubt, based on my experience, you will be put right by them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really unlucky because they are very honest and efficient (even with a bad english writing foreigner like me).

So I'm sure they will find a solution for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Corney
United Kingdom
Lisburn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more praise that GMT customer service gets the more ironic this post gets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Martin
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure they'll fix it for you, because they really do have some of the best costumer service I've ever dealt with. I had some poorly cut blocks in one of the expansions I bought, and GMT was extremely quick to respond to my emails; they sent me all the replacement blocks I needed within a week. I was completely won over to GMT by that experience.

So I say to cut them a little slack; there was probably a miscommunication internally somewhere, but they'll make it good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought your word must have been 'iconic' but sorry to hear this.

They will make it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree with many replies. when i have had problems, GMT has been prompt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pain
United Kingdom
Blandford
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience GMT have always had superb after sales service. I've had occasion to speak to them about a couple of things and they were extremely helpful. (Sending me the required stuff "across the pond" very promptly.) I'm guessing the number of people leaping to their defence is an illustration of their high standing in the gaming community. I'm sure they'll sort you out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Corney
United Kingdom
Lisburn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"So I say to cut them a little slack; there was probably a miscommunication internally somewhere, but they'll make it good."

I find it ironic that I have to cut GMT some slack because they screwed up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
HMSGannet wrote:
"So I say to cut them a little slack; there was probably a miscommunication internally somewhere, but they'll make it good."

YOU don't HAVE TO, but most would; knowing that their service and reputation has always been almost stellar!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find your use of ironic to be ironic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HMSGannet wrote:

:what:

Well, you cannot really "cut them some slack" when you screw up, now can you? Then it would be up to them to "cut you slack."

So yes, to the extent that anyone ever cuts anyone any slack, this would be the time to do so to GMT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes people do mistakes, they didn't get it right the first time but:

1 - They did not leave you without response;
2 - They tried to compensate you for your problem with terrain pieces that don't think wont be needed sometime in the future;
3 - If you point them the error they will probably get it right this time. And if you're even luckier you can get another goodie.

You can be upset because of the misprint and the time to correct it but so many companies out there are so much worse than GMT treating the customers and that's why you see so many people confident that they will make it right for you m8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.