United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
We love Last Will and I just pre-ordered for BGGCon pickup. I am curious on the playtime of 40-100 minutes. I am guessing the game is faster with 2 modules then 3? And adding Last Will on probably takes even longer then the 3 in the base game?

Are any of the two modules faster then the others? How do people like to play this so far? 2 modules, 3 modules, with Last Will?

I like the idea that depending on amount of game time you could tailor your game for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorenzo pettinari
Italy
Fermo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that increasing from 2 to 3 module can add a lot of time, since from what I can remember the game lasts 5 rounds in both case. I think the non limited actions in your turn (after the Errand phase) can increase play time if you play with more people.

I only played with 2 modules in 2 players, but I don't think with 3 modules would have been more long. Adding Last Will is more complex: more setup in rounds, more player mats, more cards, more "fiddy" rounds.. but that's my idea after reading the rulebook, I wanna try soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the recommended first setup with election and society competitions only. Even with just 2 modules it felt heavier than Last Will already to me. After our 5-player game we all were happy we chose this first setup instead of trying to throw in all 3 at once as it would have been even more to think about and wrap our heads around. While I don't think 3 modules adds much more, it does add another action for every player each round, it will take longer, but probably not significantly so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding a third module adds one extra errand boy so that stage will last longer. As a result players are likely to have more cards and therefore more potential actions during the action phase, this will increase each players turn time especially for players who are prone to AP.

We played our first game the other night with 4 players and 3 modules (we were probably crazy) the total time spent with the game was around 2.5 hours including teaching (which took a while as none of us had played before and I had only a basic understanding of the rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the replies. I am exciting to give it a shot at BGGCon - just pre-ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2-player game with all 3 competitions is now under 90 minutes for us. It can play very fast!

We have not tried adding in Last Will yet, as we are still very much enjoying the 3 competitions provided.

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.